America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
help
20 Posts
Give us some details .....
An important message from Expedia.com.

The Meridian Luxury Suites let us know that they are unable to accept your reservation at this time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please call our Hotel Partner Support Department immediately at 1-866-854-8617,so we can help find alternate, comparable accommodations. For best assistance, please have your booking number ** Removed ** ready.

If no alternate accommodations are found, a full refund will be issued.

this is the email i just recieved, i phoned and told them this is unacceptable as i booked in may and am still waiting for them to call me back although i have just had a call from an american wanting to conduct a lifestyle survey :que
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2008-09-04 17:50:55
    To remove booking reference number
I would suggest calling them to see what alternatives they can offer. If you dial 0844 200 9595 before the 001 it will only cost you 0.5p/min.

I take it this is in Vegas? If you particularly want a suite rather than a hotel room you could try the Desert Rose Resort, Platinum or Tuscany Suites direct to see if they have availability.

luci :wave
thanks iam currently on hold they say that the meridian has been closed due to legal issues
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

phew iam booked in to the alexis park resort in a crown suite its a little further away from the strip than i wanted 1 mile but iam happy with it, they have also issued me with a voucher for £310 of my next holiday so its all good :D
There is now a thread started by chrisp regarding this hotel.
looks like i was lucky finding out before i went :tup
Glad you're sorted arnie and are reasonably happy. I take it you'll have a rental car with being so far off strip?

Have a great time in Vegas. Can we expect a trip report?

I've had a look round and put some details on chris's thread - I think it's correct.

TC
Sorry Arnie, just sent you a PM after reading the other thread!

Glad you are sorted. Hope you are happy with what you got - I'm not sure where it is, but hope it's good!
thanks iam reasonably happy not planning to spend much time at the hotel anyway but it is a bit further away than i wanted at 1 mile but i belive there is a bus stop opposite at the hard rock otherwise a 20 min walk. got to research all over again now :duh look out for my trip report ;)
20 minutes is a long walk in the heat. The taxis were really reasonable though. Also I would be very careful walking off Strip on a night time, it can be dangerous. On our first night we only needed a room for a few hours before driving out to Utah so we stayed in the Travelodge behind the airport (on Koval). It was a cracking motel and the best equipped of our whole trip and only £10 a night BUT the walk back was scary. It was only 5 minutes from the Strip but you can tell when you are walking somewhere that you really shouldn't be!! (And I walk literally everywhere!) Best to take a taxi.
thanks for the advice
Walk across to the Hard Rock and take their courtesy bus to the strip. Tip the driver a dollar each.
Do they still have the Hard Rock shuttle?

I thought it had been discontinued. The HR Hotel didn't have one in May. Maybe the Cafe does. I'd love to know if it has been restarted, it was useful.
ill let you know iam there on the 16th
the hard rock still operates the free shuttle bus to the strip it runs every half hour from 11am to 9pm as said previously we just tipped the driver $1 each
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.