Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Thats good news, saw the web site and loved the diver training pool they have but i'll have to play that down otherwise the wife may put her foot down.........

I will have to see what the holiday rep can do, cant book until next week at any rate.

Ron
I would also suggest the Conrad. The Dreams is excellent but the beach at the Conrad is much more suited to beginner swimmers and small kids and is much more spacious.

They also have one of the best dive centres on site !
Thanks again this is all good mood lifting stuff, just been out to the travel agents, so i am now looking over pics of the hotels in Sharm.

Thanks for the post on the Conrad, the Beach is not over important as my little girl is too young to be in the sea she VERY happy to be in the pool, its more for me and my son (13) who dives and i nearly forgot the wife!

keep all this great info coming

Thanks

Ron
We were delayed for 26 hours this year and were put in the Hilton Sharks Bay. Although we don't really like AI for ourselves we were really impressed.
The food wasexcellent and the groundsof the hotel were lovely. My husband said the diving was the best he had seen all week.
I think there are quite a few reports on this forum. :)
Ron, dont go to the travel agents!.Look on First Choice and Eclipse website for excellent prices.I have also seen the St George 3 corners on Medhotels.com for £129 a week plus flights.I have just read its opening on Jan9th.i think its in the Ras Umm Sid area which has some excellent dive sites nearby and also nice beaches.
taken a look at the Medhotels site shocked at the price but its the flights that bulk up the prices.....

seen that hotel for 460/per person inc flights about the same as booking the flight and hotel with different people.

But thanks all the same.

Ron
We booked St George Three Corners (all inclusive) with Panorama (also in airtours and direct holidays brochures). It opens this weekend, and is meant to have kids club and full entertainment programme during te day. Look at the website http://www.threecorners.com and click brochure in corner. It tells you all about the hotel. We booked to go as my husband and son (aged 9) want to dive I am not a swimmer, so myself and my daughter (aged 3) will be playing on the playground,sunbathing or eating etc most of the time. We paid £1700 for 4 of us for 2 weeks AI. Lets hope its good!!!!
First of all its good to know that there is someone else that has book the location, secondly that price works out to about 420-430 /per person Ill give your agent a ring....

Ron
hi there - we also normally go to turkey and hubby and 2 sons are keen divers. Theyve had a great time diving in turkey are are now keen to try the red sea . so We have gone for hilton sharks bay as the diving looks good from here - good reef and dive school on site - the reviews are mostly good as well but what clinched it for me is the the hilton sharks bay seem to offer a bit more in entertainment than the others - i dont think Egypt is big on hotel entertainment but hilton S/B seems to provide it Day/evening - im sure its the usual cheesy stuff but with 3 children 15/13 and 10 its quite important to us. they also offer a courtesy bus into town.

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.