Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Herethera Island
14 Posts
Sorry I cant be of much help, I was looking at this island for next march. I notice that the transfer explained is from gan airport. So do you know if you fly direct there or have to fly from male to gan and then transfer?

Karen
Looks like flight to Male then fixed wing flight to Gan followed by boat transfer. Am proberly going to book today for Dec this year, just want to find a few more reviews
Went ahead and booked today, new resort from what i can make of it.
Never taken the plunge on a new resort before so all i can do now is hope ive done the right thing.
Hope you have a good time . I am looking to book in a couple of months for march but havnt made up my mind which island.
I will look forward to hearing what you thought of this one once you have been.

Karen
I will post a review on my return, a long time to wait as yet.

Conflicting reports however as to when it is going to open, 1 page says sept 07 and another says Nov 07, as long as it's open Dec 07 i will be happy.

It is the furthest south Island of the Maldives, just over the equator, so if nothing else it should still be very very warm and sunny.

In the meantime Majorca in June and Egypt in Setember to break up the long wait.

Tony
Hiya, when in December have you booked, we're flying out on the 24th for a fornight 8) In most of the travel brouchers the opening date is nov, but i have read some where that they are ahead with the building work and they could be opening in Sept.
Hi corrina

Im out there on Dec 2nd, will leave a drink on the bar for you.....

Tony
Make that two need one for the hubs, i look forward to seeing your review please let us down gently if its not so good.
Im sure it will be a good place, have not really been to one bad hotel yet.
At long last i have now found a web page about Herathera Island Resort.

http://www.herathera.com

Hotel opens Thursday November 1st 2007.

On the web site you will find a site layout of the resort and all the information i think you'll need to know. If any one is going In Dec 07 i will see you there..
Hi all

We are booked for 19th June 2008 for two weeks for me, the wife and kids to celeberate my 40th Birthday, we have always been to the caribbean and are really looking forward to this.

Hope you all do reviews when you return.

Regards

SKCI
Hi kingsfolly

We've booked our holiday on Herathera too. We are off 1st November 2007 - getting there on the 2nd. I know that we will be one of the first people there - so we hope that we will get some 'special' treatment :wink:
On schedule to open 1st Nov 07 as planned.

Pictures will be posted on completion of work. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.