Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi devaloco :wave:

Just a few idea that I think might suit

Looking for something on the beach,kids club and entertainment.

The Abou Sofiane (PEK) is located directly on the beach and has good children's facilities and club, the Riviera hotel just behind it is also a good choice, not directly on the beach but just a few minutes walk takes you directly there.

Was looking at The El Mouradi hotels.

Never stayed in one but they do get reasonable reviews and are not overly expensive and are in a good location.

Just unsure which place may be best.

We like PEK (Port El Kantaoui) as it is a lovely clean modern family friendly resort with a bit of charm, set directly on a lovely beach with nice clean sea.
There are 2 main parts to PEK the marina area which has nice restaurants and small shops and the area up by the fountain which has some nice restaurants and shops and a small fun fair.
The good thing about PEK is that there is not much hassle from shopkeepers, should you wish to go in to Sousse and visit the Medina it is easily done via the road train, taxi or on the little Tuk Tuk's :tup

May have a boat trip,do some shopping, horse riding for my little one would be an added bonus etc etc.

Although never done it myself I do remember seeing horse riding on the beach advertised in the hotel and also camel rides on the beach and you will be able to take boat trips from the marina on glass bottomed ships or those Galleon type ships.
PEK also has a (small) zoo & botanical garden your daughter might enjoy that. If you like golf there is also a superb 36 hole course there.

Anything else just ask :tup
Graham, I enjoyed your pictures, they could help me make a decision about going,Thanks
Thankyou,think im now stuck on the PEK idea :) Been told from some people the El Mouadi hotels in PEK are fab.
Think ive got quiet a good deal today £319 with transfers and 30kg baggage going saturday :)
Am i right in thinking the el mouradi beach is ham???? dont think ive seen one in pek...
So would you say pek is the better 1 for what im after??? as i really dont mind tbh just want a get away

Is Hammamet further than pek for transfers or are they about the same??
Depends where you are transferring from. PEK is nearer for Enfidha and Hammamet nearer for Tunis. It is well documented on here that Sousse is my area, which is very near PEK and has easy access to trains, metro and buses for getting out and about. PEK is loved by many as it is modern and purpose built for tourists and near enough to Sousse to get to the Medina etc.
Thanks..think i am just about decided now on the el mouradi palace.... yes i no i have changed,just looks bit better,i was also looking at the http://www.holidaysrated.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/el-mouradi-palm-marina-hotel/ ,but little girl has choose the other i think :)
The Abou Sofiane and riviera (pek) are sister hotels so which ever 1 you book you can use both and they are next to each other.
we stayed at abou sofiane a few years ago and loved it. loved PEK as no hassel anywhere. :)
The Abou Sofiane and riviera (pek) are sister hotels so which ever 1 you book you can use both and they are next to each other.

That arrangement stopped a few years ago as the family that owns them had some form of fall out so you can only use the facilities at the hotel you are staying at.
I notice you are thinking of taking a boat trip. You can book these direct from the Marina or from the port in Sousse and prices are cheaper than doing it through your hotel, especially if you 'negotiate'.
I notice you are thinking of taking a boat trip. You can book these direct from the Marina or from the port in Sousse and prices are cheaper than doing it through your hotel, especially if you 'negotiate'.

A good point Aslemma, book directly and negotiate if you are not happy with the price start walking away and it will have the desired reduction effect :tup
Thankyou will do :) Thinking of hooking up with some tunisian friends while im there,so they can do it...lol
All booked going to el mouradi palace on saturday.
didnt realise but flying into tunis.....arghhhh i just presumed it was the new one.....but never mind got a good deal
Hope you have a fantastic time. The weather is great just now. I often fly into Tunis and it's not really a problem though the transfer takes a bit longer. I presume you have already got that arranged though. There are basically three grades of price in Tunisia - one for the locals, one for tourists and a middle one which I usually end up with, though sometimes they accept me as almost Tunisian after 12 years of visiting. :rofl
Yes my transfers was included.
They said about 80mins,so wel see.
I could have arranged a taxi with my friends fella over there,but instead just easier to go with their transfer i think.
I get in late at night,so hopefully little girl will be sleeping ... getting energy ready to hit the pools.
Really looking forward to it now :) Thanks for all your help everyone :) xx
Well i am here :) lovely so far except the weather.. 1st full day and no sun in sight...rain....clouds...but me and my little girl had loads a fun :)
Good to hear that you both had fun I am sure she will love it, I hope the weather improves for you :tup
I'm glad you arrived safely and sorry about the weather. I was speaking to a friend in Sousse yesterday afternoon and he said it was horrendous. I'm sure it will brighten up and in the meantime it seems it won't dampen your fun. :wave:
Thanks,no defo not spoiling the fun,its lovely today bit windy but nice.
Yes my friend in Sousse he loved the weather last night....arghhhhh lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.