Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi nOOb here :-)
12 Posts
hi Bhp and welcome to HT :wave:

not stayed at St George before so unfortunately cant confirm the dress code but most hotels are absolutely fine with casual wear i.e smart shorts and t. shirts as long as it isnt swimwear . when you go into the resturants at mealtimes during the day tshirt and footwear are normally required unless eating outside . for the ladies a sarong , Kaftan ,T shirt of something to cover their bikini top is also advisable. ;) .

we have a dedicated topic here all about mozzie spray http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=240 and I can personally recommend the Avon soft n fresh dry spry oil in the woodland fragrance . you will probably find it mentioned on numerous pages there and various topics on Ht. It isnt sold as insect repelant but boy do they hate it . Failing that or as a back up I would say any of the" extra strength" products that contain deet . check the label.

the adapter needed is the normal 2 pin round one as in most of Europe but you may find as I do some appliances wont work or cut out in the bathroom sockets . This always happens with my GHDs if your partner uses them .

hope that helps
lyn
GHD's - That was the full reason for the question lol

If they dont work while we are away then we'll need another holiday APART when we get back lol

Thanks for the advice. I have read alot about the avon stuff. Think I'm going to take a few.

As said I have book the Cairo trip already and have noticed we need Visa's -I just get them from airport upon landing I presume?

Thanks again Lyn :sun2
If they dont work while we are away then we'll need another holiday APART when we get back lol
. :rofl

they should be fine in the bedroom .

yep visa you get on arrival

lyn
Hi bhp addict and welcome to HT!

Check your travel insurance to make sure you are covered for using quad bikes before you hire them as many policies don't include cover for hazardous activities.

luci :wave
Oh yeah.

Didnt think of that. Thanks for the heads up :tup
GHD's worked fine for us and have done for 5 years, i'd be lost without them.
Can anyone confirm if I need to take smart/casual wear for meals etc

Hi

We staed at St George a couple of years ago. The only rule was "no swimwear" for meals. We loved the hotel, the only problem was the long queues for the beach bus and Na'ama Bay(with germans pushing the kids out of te way!!). There wasnt anywhere to walk to really at night after dinner. Saying that Taxis were cheap and Old Sharm as fantastic - not many "looky" men trying to get you into the shops.
One piece of advice - carry some toilet paper around with you!! It'll save you a fortune in Naama and Old Sharm where it was commanding as much as 50p for a piece for my young daughter who was only just toilet trained!!
The jeep safari in sharm goes to exactly the same place as the quads. Quads to ride, you need to be over 16 years old. If anyone has younger children then they do the jeep for them, so they dont miss out on the adventure. You can also do quad runners that also go to the same place, plus two people can go on them. The quads do burn your legs as it did my daughter, shes still got the scar to prove it. We have asked thomson to get these serviced, very poor state ours were. Still enjoyed the quads though, done them for years.
Lots of good advice guys. Keep it coming.

Thanks for the warnings too. I'll make sure I keep a sharp eye out.

:)
Thats a great shame. I was really looking forward to riding them on the sand.

I have riden quads a lot and on a lot of surfaces but never sand.

I'll know straight away if there is a problem with it but still not the best feeling about it now tho.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.