UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
not stayed there aromamum but it features in a brochure I often use which is http://www.premiercottages.co.uk which are all high quality holiday cottages . I have stayed here which is nearby higher menadew http://www.poltarrow.co.uk . it is a great area for good beaches if you get the weather which fortunately we did when staying there. but if you are looking for a Farm type atmosphere we have stayed here http://www.tredethick.co.uk in lostwithiel which is also featured in premier cottages. excellent farm style setup of converted barns with play area indoor and out , indoor swimming pool and especially good for small children as they have animals there and the owners take the children out every morning to feed them and even give pony rides around the farm. a lot of effort is made by the friendly owners to give the kiddies a great time and I can thoroughly recommend. Ive had a look through your other suggestions all look good and most seem to be in the bodmin/wadebridge area as is thredethick ( although further down towards the coast at fowey) which is very beautiful . For some reason there seems to be lots of these type of cottages with swimming pools etc in that area and very few further down into cornwall and believe me ive searched . we have spent good days in that area around bodmin moor but it may suit you more if you like walking and cyling (camel trail a good day cyling (flat) along the estuary towards padstow) and even though its very central for lots to do you may have to drive a bit for the better beaches if of course you get the weather . If you can get further down a little into the st austel Area ( the town isnt particularly pretty ) where again there seems to be a few of these type of cottages you will get some great beaches on the south coast along the roseland peninsular but easily reachable is the bodmin area and the north coast so probably more central still .

lyn
Not sure if they have a review of this property (you could add one if you do go!) but the new holiday cottage review site mycottageholiday.co.uk might have some comments from previous visitors?
Hi, We have stayed at Higher Menadew twice and it is truly lovely. Not for you if you want a lively holiday and you'll certainly need a car! Anita and Andrew that own it are great, friendly and welcoming but also leave you alone at the same time. We've never had any need to moan or complain about anything and the Cottages are spotless! There's a gorgeous cream tea waiting for you on your arrival and the cottage has everything you'll need. The pool is lovely and when we've stayed we've usually had it to ourselves, there is a lovely play/games room too. We love staying there as it gives you time to spend as a family and there is loads to do in Cornwall. Hope this helps you!
jemskdavies - nice review. Why not add it to mycottageholiday.co.uk so that people thinking about staying there will be able to read it too?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.