UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
I've added the hotel our reviews here. Hopefully someone will have some uptodate info for you :)
This hotel gets a review of sorts in today's Herald. The online version is here:

http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/features/display.var.2511530.0.Happy_families_is_childs_play.php

(the hotel bit is at the bottom). It looks like it is being pushed as a family hotel, perhaps not what you're looking for if you just need a break from everything.
Slightly further south, you could try Crieff Hydro. We nearly booked it for my in-law's 40th wedding anniversary and the only reason we didn't was that they have been there so often that we wanted to do something different.
Londongirl, suggest you visit Macdonald Hotels - http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/aviemore/accommodation/index.htm
I personally like the Four Seasons, but the Highland Hotel looks good from the public areas I've seen.
Thank you both for your replies, after reading the feature in the herald :yikes lovely hotel for children, but we are after a quiet break so not really for us.
I like the look of the Highland Hotel Doonhamer and its not much different in price from the four seasons, so I think that is the one I am going to book.Really looking forward to our break now, thanks again :)
We were frequent visitors to the Coylumbridge hotel when our children were young. Now they are off our hands you couldn't pay me to go back. It's firmly aimed at the family market.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.