Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
If you look at this topic I have written a guide to car hire - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=88877

Basically there is not much you can do. It is essential when hiring any vehicle here in the UK or abroad that you do check all these things out before you accept the car.

Hire companies do check vehicles back in and charge for any damages. It is not unknown for them not to put any damage right and then try to charge the next customer all over again if they have not spotted it.

In your position I would consider appealing this. Yes you accept that you had a puncture but only found out about the spare when you wanted to use it. Do you have the name of the employee who you spoke with about it?

A charge of £300 indicates to me that you are being charged for two tyres, one wheel (was it steel or alloy?) and possible other repairs. Even if you were to accept that charge then you should request a complete breakdown of the costs.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.