Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi Paul and welcome to HT :wave
Whilst you are waiting for some personal reccomendations, why not check out our resort reviews HERE and our accommodation reviews HERE

Kath x
I WOULD THROUGHLY RECOMMEND CONFORTEL ANNABEL IN CALAGALDANA, WITH FIRST CHOICE. WE WENT HERE WHEN MY KIDS WERE 9MTHS AND 3YRS, THEY ARE NOW 12 AN 9! WE HAVE RECCOMENDED THIS COMPLEX TO SO MANY FRIENDS WHO HAVE ALSO VISITED AND LOVED IT TOO. YOU CAN STAY ON A HB OR SC BASIS, THERE IS A GOOD KIDS CLUB AND CHILDRENS SECTION IN THE POOL, I WOULD SAY THE COMPLEX IS SUITED FOR YOUNG FAMILIES. WE HAVE BEEN 9 TIMES TO MENORCA AS IT IS SO GOOD FOR CHILDREN, A GOOD HOTEL IS SOL PINGUINOS IN SON BOU, BUT THE ROOM SIZES HERE ARE NOT THAT BIG, AGINN THO GREAT FACILITIES FOR THE LITTLE ONES, ON THE BEACH AND GREAT FOOD.

Hi crewemad, can I ask that you please do not post in capitals as per the rules of posting - thanks Kath
Sorry to be so late in posting a reply, bit I've only just come across your enquiry.

I would without any hesitation recommend Fornells (North coast - on a very large bay). It is a very "untouristy" resort, with no hotels, except for a couple of very small hostel type places. Nice village centre, shops and what is generally reckoned to be the best selection of food on the island. I have an apartment there and visit four or five times a year. Price of a meal - low season (that's any time except late-ish July amd all of August) when fixed price menus are available for dinner - typically €10 - €12 which will give three courses, with a reasonable choice for each course. Coffee and wine extra, of course but a quite decent bottle of wine for about €12 €14.

Accomodation - qute a few apartments to let. Some owned by Sa Nansa, a small apartment block/restaurant on the sea front. Also Hostal Fornells in the main village street.Try the local estate agents Riero Rossello - they have a website and a most helpful lady there (daughter of the lady, Carmen, who used to own the agency) who speaks excellent English. You and your family would love it there.
Enjoy your trip, wherever you go. Cheers
Dogdad
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.