Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
When dealing with the cancallation the lead name on the booking invoice is the person who would have to inform Broadway Travel about the changes you need to make which would of course mean changing the lead name and also the name of the other person who cannot go to the one who can. If you can get people to replace the ones who cannot go it should just incur the name changes fee. If you get replacements the cancellation charges should not be made. The payment of the holiday would need to be sorted out between the the ones who go and the ones who don't. I hope everyone involved are the best of friends because it sometimes can lead to falling out. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything gets sorted and you can have a good holiday.
allmen,

Thanks for your comments.

Effectively the clocks now ticking in terms of cancellation days and i suppose i panicked abit once i learned of the news this evening. Having now given some thought to the situation i will probably wait for a few days to see if two replacements can be found.
I will update you if and when the situation changes.

eddy
Eddy read thne small print in the back of the Thomsons brochure re their cancellation charges.

Good luck with finding replacements.

Kath x
I have now found a resolution to the cacellation. Two of the party of 20 were flying from Humberside on the 18th June (4 days after the Bristol departure), and have kindly cancelled there holiday losing there deposit only which i will duly pay. They will now replace the 2 who were cancelled off the Bristol flight and are forwarding the required balance of monies for there revised holiday booking on to me. The cancelled lead has also emailed Broadway to advise of the required name changes.
The holiday didnt come cheap at around £800 p.p., so you can imagine my relief. All said and done, this will cost just 2 deposits and 2 amendment fees, which is about £320.
This was the idea of the two that were flying from Humberside who, given the circumstances, are not at all put out by there revised departure date/airport so i feel cant thank them enough. A sign of true friends dont you think?

Thank you once again Allmen and Kath.
That's excellent news Eddy - am glad you got things sorted.

Kath x
Glad you got it sorted out and well done the two friends from Humberside. I hope the rest of the party will keep them in soft drinks for the duration of their holiday :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.