Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Lots of stuff here, but I can confirm that Easyjet allow 20 kg per person hold baggage and unlimited weight hand baggage IF it is in one piece, measures 45 x 20 x 16 approx and can be lifted up by that passenger into the overhead baggage lockers.

The 20 kg will cost you more if it is in more than one bag ........

Good luck with the rest!
Hi

If the error has been sorted out, then your daughter should have had new confirmation by now, i would be sitting in the travel agents and not moving, they could fax the document over to the shop, then your daughter has a bit of piece of mind on this matter.

As for the luggage allowance, yes easyjets luggage allowance is 20kg, but there is a charge for it.

I would again go back to the travel agents and make sure that when your daughter booked the holiday, that the person who booked the holiday added luggage onto the booking as this is the way, to book easyjet bookings.

Sit firm and don't be fobbed of, good luck
Hi everyone,just a quick update.My daughter has now received the confirmation.Unfortunately luggage allowance was not included.BUT the assistant in thomas Cook has come up trumps and because she was missled has given her a refund of the equivalent baggage charge wih easy jet.Cresta wouldn't budge but the tc shop manager agreed to give her this.Result or what,after my last fiasco through tc,it has restored a little bit of faith :tup :tup
Thanks for letting us know Hassie1, it's much appreciated.... :tup Good result, Linda.
Thanks for the update, always nice to hear how members have faired.

Sarah
Something to get clear is whether the refund is what it would have cost to book the luggage at the same time as the flight or what it will cost at checkin - because it isn't the same. Exactly what they charge is no longer shown on their website (why???) but it does stress that paying at checkin costs more. And although the basic allowance is 20kg they charge per item so 2x10 kg costs twice 1x20kg
Hi ,to book luggage in on booking at shop was £6 per bag but she was never given the option ,this is what caused the confusion and apparently at check in it is £12 and this is what they have given her x 2.The assistant was excellent. :tup :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.