General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Fiona when on holiday I enjoy Pina coladas and bahama mamas. I do sometimes have the odd Pina Colada at home but don't indulge too much because it's loaded with calories.

A friend who'd recently come back from bermuda introduced us to their native drink - the rum swizzler- it was very nice. The main ingredients are rum and ginger with some citrus thrown in. Drunk in a long glass with ice - very refreshing.
LOVE Honeybee Brandy you get in Goa..... :( unfortunately you can't get it here ..even on the web!!!
Honeybee- it had been built up so much on the Goa forum that I was really looking forward to it. Took my first sip- and hated it! I was so disappointed. :(
;) Old Monk Rum then?? Nearest we can get to it here is Morgans Spiced Rum.
Pam
my favourite in goa was actually non alcoholic :yikes - lime soda
I liked the sweet....not the sour :yikes

Fresh cocount :tup ...and sugar cane....but fear of catching hepatitis unless have your own glass :yikes

;) I suppose you've got to keep some memories eh??

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/769/img0150twy.jpg
at least with lime soda I can actually remember the day before :rofl
Mine isn't fancy, but never was much of a fan of dark rum - but after going to Jamaica it was quite lovely and had some at christmas, Dark rum and coke :cheers
Absolutely fell in love with margaritas last year in DR .......so refreshing :cheers Looking forward to sampling some in Mexico next year.
Actually lime soda is a favourite of mine in Thailand. However there wasn't any to be found this year due to the Thai floods. :(

Do wish Schweppes would do it in the UK
Agua de Valencia. Caught on to this some years back in Tapas Alley Benidorm. Very refreshing on a warm summers day. Google for a recipe.
In Tenerife we had something called I think 'Ron Miel' which was a honey rum thing. It's great and we had to bring a bottle home!
Yes Shirley H and you will be aware that Scotch Whisky is often referred to as the water of life.
Over 30 years ago, we virtually lived on a white wine in Corfu called Lais;we thought it was the bees knees!
A few years later we found some whilst on holiday again in Greece and enthusiastically bought half dozen bottles to bring home with us.
It was awful !!!!! Amazing what the sea and Sun do to your sense of taste :rofl

Another vote here for Mount Gay rum - slice of lime ,splash of Coke, ice - lie back and I'm on the beach in the Caribbean again!!!
Keo lager from Cyprus, you can get it in Tesco.
The Italians are great for inventing new drinks and over the years I've bought many bottles of what was the latest drink back home with me. Limoncella a lemon liquer, Frangolino a strawberry one to name just two. A couple of years ago on a visit everyone seemed to be drinking something orange. I asked what it was and they said Aperol, an orange/rhubarb based liquer that is mixed with Prosecco, a little soda, poured over ice cubes and finished with a slice of fresh orange. I took a couple of bottles home with me only to find my local supermarket sold the drink. It's now one our regular summer drinks, brings back memories of sitting at an outside table sipping a cocktail and watching the immaculately dressed Italians on their daily promenade through the resort. :cheers
I remember an orange whisky in Italy many years ago but don't know what it was called and have never seen it anywhere else. I always bring Cedratine (a lemon liqueur) back from Tunisia as you can't get it outside Tunisia.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.