UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Kazzzza - I actually live in Exeter and there are no planes from the London area at all into Exeter Airport. Have a look on the website http://www.exeter-airport.co.uk - gives you all the flights into/out of the airport. Also the airport itself is about 20 minutes from the centre of Exeter and the bus service is practically non-existent - you would probably have to get a taxi to Exeter bus station and then you can catch the 85 bus straight to Paignton.

If catching the train, you can catch it from London Paddington, change at Newton Abbot and then only a 10 or 15 minute wait for the direct train into Paignton. Have a look at http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk for all the details.

Please ask if there is anything else you wish to know.
Kazzzza, there should be at least one train a day that goes direct to paignton from london paddington...

ATB,J.
Thank you for you replies,
It looks like flying is out, so I will have to get a train.
The fare seems expensive at £80 plus pound per person :o
One good thing about catching the train to Paignton is the fact that the station is right in the middle of town literally so you wont have far to go when you arrive!
That's good news. Thanks Presto2.

Can anyone recommend any nice places to stay.
2 adults, 2 children 3 & 10 and 2 active pensioners.

Planning to stay down the 4/5 nights while looking at properties to buy.

Thank you.
Are you thinking self catering or a hotel?

We've always stayed in flats near the harbour - my parents came as well and we had a larger flat and they had one on the same floor so it was really good. Unfortunately, they usually book up a good 12 months in advance for August but we've had loads of holidays in Paignton and if you find anywhere we may be able to tell you what its like and where it is.

Personally I'd prefer to stay towards the harbour towards the Goodrington end - its quieter and the beach and facitlities at Goodrington are lovely. Its also a nice walk in I think there is a park, small amusement place and water fun park there ----------and a tremendous beach!

:lol:
And the waterpark opens this weekend for the season, but it's raining at the moment :roll:

ATB,J.
Looking through our window in Stoke its hard to imagine that anyone anywhere could have a water shortage. We're off to North Wales soon but the weather forecast isn't too grim -----------

:wink:
Hi probably self catering, either a flat, cottage, caravan if need be.
Just to be in Paignton to look round the area, properties, shops etc... and of course go to the beach with the kids and have fun!!!
Water park sounds good :wink:

The weather here in London, is wet and horrible too.
  • Edited by KAZZZZA 2006-05-29 11:17:22
I think there is a caravan park outside Goodrington on the Brixham Road near to the zoo (its a superb zoo by the way)!

There are some really nice flats near the harbour - I think they're called Stanley House - have a look on the internet.

Thanks Presto2 I'll have a look now :D
Try getting in touch with the English Riviera tourist information centre as they are really good!
Thanks I have contacted thyem they are sending me an info pack.
Has anyone stayed in beach house guest house?
Or Benbows hotel?

Thanks
Have you looked at National Express Coaches my children found the a good way to travel and with a young persons travel card economical too
Thanks Gillc7 :D
My daughter gets travel sickness very badly, we couldn't travel by coach (or a bus at home) so it has to be train.
I have got the trains sorted out, now need to find a holiday flat.

Half way there.
Can anyone help, know of any holiday flats?
Hi, have returned for a holiday - hence the slow reply!

Try the Outlook Holiday Flats when you get your brochure - they're near to the harbour and on the cliff walks between the main town and Goodrington - a lovely spot and lovely people.

Alternatively we've stayed at the Lawn Holiday Flats in Goodrington ages ago!

Can't you tell I've had many a holiday down there - love the place !

• Edited by Presto2 2006-06-03 15:58:46
Outlook Holiday Flats HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
hi, we stayed in some apartments called "ashdene apartments" on cliff park road, which is in the goodrington sands end.
We just had to walk a few minutes, under the railway, and we were on the beach!!
Paignton zoo is wonderful, we spent six hours there, and still didnt see everything.
Also, i know hoburne holidays have a caravan park in goodrington
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.