Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
They have 28 days to acknowledge your complaint. You could try giving Ros Fernihough (Travel law solicitor) a ring to ask some free advice.

The direct number to Ros's PA Pam is 01922 705134

Or try the switchboard number 01922 633214 and ask for Travel Dept.
Was the whole holiday awful or was it just that one night that you had problems with? If only one night, then I would think you should be entitled to a refund of the hotel portion of your holiday cost for one night.
Normally you would have a certain time to make your complaint - the time between you coming home and making your complaint. If you went in April, you are talking over 5 months ago, it is now October.
The holiday was booked in April, we don't actually know when Sally took the holiday. I would guess August as there were four children on the holiday. As Sarah said if they haven't answered within 28 days she should try contacting Ros.
Sorry I missed that it was booked in April, not taken in April.

OTB are only ABTA and not ATOL so get through the loop of "selling air holiday packages".

For the customer this means when things go wrong, they do very little to take any responsibility and compensate you directly. You may need to report them to ABTA for code of conduct and get in touch with the Accommodation Principal (ie hotels4u) straight away and make your complaint to them to.

Infact, the OTB website's Terms&conditions say

"When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into contracts with the Principals (tour operator/airline/cruise company/flight provider/hotel provider) named on your receipt. In all bookings we act only as an agent for the Principal in making your booking other than where the principal is a no frills (low cost) carrier (please see 'No Frills Flight' section)"

"As agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the Principals or for the services provided by the Principal. "

"The Principals' Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking. "

"If you are not satisfied, you must follow this up in writing (by post only) immediately on return to the UK (or at the very latest within 28 days) DIRECTLY to the PRINCIPAL."

That means with your accommodation supplier, the name you have have written on your accommodation invoice. I expect OTB are keeping your letter, will not reply directly other than to say you need to contact your Accommodation supplier as OTB are not the principal. By which time you will have gone beyond your 28 days to contact hotels4u.

If this was an ATOL holiday package booked through and ATOL holder, I doubt you would have had the problem at all. Sorry.
I have also been on hotels4u website and they aren't very clear either

"We act only as an agent for the principal(s) concerned. Your contract for your arrangements is directly with the principal(s) concerned. We accept no liability in relation to the arrangements themselves or for the acts or omissions of the principal(s) concerned. For all bookings, the terms and conditions of the principal will apply to your contract (copies available on request from us)."

Maybe a call to Ross is the only answer. I wish we would get an update though from ROSS about what to do in instances like this. It must happen a lot.
many thanks for all the replies we went on holiday on 20/08/08 and returned on the 28/08/08 i put my complaint in writing and sent it within 10 days will it be worth a follow up letter to hotels4u i will also give ross a ring to see if they can give me any more advice.
yes the whole holiday was awful but nothing that i can blame anybody for my son got a very nasty ear infection that needed hospital treatment and we was not sure if we would be able to fly home then my partner and daughter also came down with ear infections but on the last day so iwaited til we got back to uk for treatment, also on journey home my sister got bitten by a mozzie to which she had a reaction the whole side of her face swelled up and she needed to be taken to casualty when we got back so not really a great holiday came home more stressed than when i went!!!
Did you all swim in the pool or just 3 of the party? It's just with you saying that you got ear infections alarm bells are ringing.
ooh good question hbrac... :tup

sorry to hear of your problems, sally :cry:
hope you can get something sorted out
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.