Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi we stayed at holiday inn (9 of us) over xmas and new year. lovley hotel but crap breakfast. Weve stayed in really basic b+bs in goa before and the breakfasts were great. But we really hadnt seen anything like this. One day the choice was chicken nuggets, mashed potatos beans and peas or curry and japatti my 3 year old was made up off course but us adults gave it a skip and went down to the shack on the beach for it..There are a few good restaurants outside the best was hillside great food and great service. With the hotel being 5* we were exspecting high prices but it was really reasonable a barcardi breezer worked out to be about 90p. have a fab time it is really is a lovley hotel.
Will be staying at the holiday inn for the forth time this year.

Anyone else arriving on Nov 25th. By the way its my birthday on the 29th and nodoubt Izzy from Hills Den will be setting off fireworks for me. Can't wait for that first ice cool kingfisher. :D
Hey y'all

My wife and I are planning to visit Goa in April 06 and have come across a couple of deals. One of these is at the Holiday Inn Resort Goa in Cavelossim. As Goa virgins we have no idea about this location or the hotel, other than thati ts 4/5 star and sounds really nice according to the brochures (don't they always though?!).

Has anybody ever stayed at the Holiday Inn? Any info or links to reviews would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
After further research it turns out that the Holiday Inn is one to be missed... building sites literally surrounding the whole hotel! We were so close to booking too. Just goes to show that you need to be a bit careful and do your research. We'll keep on looking.
I was at the Holiday Inn in December and there are two areas of building going on.

Both are quite well under way, but what you must remember about Goan building methods is that they don't use mixers, drills and cranes, but it is all carried out by hand.

We weren't bothered by any noise at all.

The sites could only be seen by a few of the bedrooms, and were not visible from the pool area.
Welcome to you both. Hope you enjoy our forum! I have asked for the Holiday Inn to be added to our review pages so hopefully someone can review it(Mobor?!)
Please help, has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Mobor Beach, I have read a few reviews and i must say i am a little bothered by what i have read. Too late to change hotel's now all paid up and looking forward to going. As a first time visitors to Goa i would really appreciate some help with good places to go around Mobor Beach.

First timers must be a real pain. :?
Check here for the Holiday Inn on our review forum.

More info on the surrounding area here

Don't worry about asking questions!
What are your concerns? Have stayed there several times so might be able to answer your queries.
I have friends just returned from the Holiday Inn on Sunday. They said breakfasts - ok, lunches - fine, dinners - not up to much. They ate out most evenings in the end. Having said that, they would go to the hotel again, but just do B/B rather than all inclusive. PS. They said room was good and beds comfy. If you have any further questions, I can ask them.
Dear All,

Thanks so much for the replies, I think this forum is great.

My main concerns regarding the hotel from what i have read so far is, Damp rooms and a lot of building work going on around the hotel which spoil the views. (Not sure from what i have read if the building work is in the Holiday Inn or adjacent to.

Also Mobor One what's the availabilty of Sun Loungers round the Pool Area, is it like Spain and Greece up at the crack of dawn to put the towels out?. I hope not, nice to have the odd lie in on holiday :P

Any recommendations on nearby places to eat/drink or to avoid.

Thanks Again

Pete
The building work is in the grounds of the Holiday Inn, but in December all the work was being done by hand, so no noisy mixers or drilling.

There are probably about two dozen sunbeds actually around the pool, but most people prefer to sit on the grassy area looking out to the sea.

Beach towels are provided, so save some luggage weight and don't bother packing them.

I have never experienced a damp room. Sometimes a slight musty smell caused by the air conditioning. Get some fresh air in, and this soon solves that.

We go All Inclusive as the drinks are a bit pricey in the hotel. Sometimes we have dinner at the hotel and sometimes we go out. Lunch is usually eaten at one of the beach shacks. Although with the AI you do pay a bit more, the price of pool side drinks and a few drinks before dinner soon adds up. You also get 25% discount at the a la carte restaurants (the Chinese is lovely) and free drinks in there too.

The rooms are comfortable, you have a tea / coffee making facilities (replenished daily), a fridge, air conditioning, hair dryer and satellite TV all at no extra charge.

You also get shampoo, bath gel, soap and a shower cap provided daily.

Wouldn't keep going back if it wasn't a good place to go!
Oh, one other thing about the places to eat.

There is a Holiday Inn beach shack and about 5 others actually on the beach. Betty's is over the road from the main entrance and there are restaurants in Cavelossim, a short taxi ride away.

Won't tell you which to try, as it is part of the adventure to discover them for yourself, but I will say, I have never heard anyone say anything bad about any of them, so whichever you chose will be a safe bet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.