Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Holiday Prices
11 Posts
bout right i have paid £485.00 10 days h/b mined you 4 star hotel in ibiza.thats diy cheap flight and 25% off early booking hotel.just got to fork out £20.00 for taxi thats all.plus £40.00 taxi return to uk airport.

if i had booked with thomascook it would of been a lot more.but they don;t do a 10 day flight.so flying out with tui.hotel is a dam site cheaper useing travelrepulic than going direct.

emma pm me all the details of your hols.i will have a look on some sites i have.see if i can get adeal or not.
Hi

thanks for the reply, ideally anytime in august, for 10/11 days i can fly from cardiff, bristol, manchester or birmingham, 2 adults and two children age 8 and 6, sa coma or cala millor, i know it sounds fussy but really don't want to fly with Ryanair, don't mind any others. Any help appreciated.

thanks again

emma
just had a quick look on thomas cook for you
flying from manchester 3/08/10 for 11 nights they have got the bourganvilla park in san coma s/c for £1781.55 thats for 15kg baggage and you would have to pay extra if you wanted in-flight meals flight times outbound 17.50pm return 11.10am

hayes travel have got
flying from cardiff to san coma 3/08/10 for 11 nights they have got the europa apartments or the club san coma apartments s/c including transfers for £1597.29 outbound 16.25pm return 21.45pm

is san coma or cala millor the only places you will consider because you may get cheaper or better board such as a.i if you tried more destinations. regards tracey
£2500 sounds dear, especially for September! Have you checked if they've swamped you with Underoccupancy?
How old are the kids and does it have to be 10/11 days? Could you go for 14 if the price was right?
Hi, im glad its not just me finding the prices high this year, last June we went to the Bonaire in cala bona £1100 for 11 nights 2 adults and 2 children, this year £2200 for 7 nights to the same apartments. Ive also tried looking to book diy and can find good accommodation really cheap but then the flights are shocking, £1700 for flights to palma in May for when we need to go and i know this is :offtop but Cyprus is even worse, we cant afford to go there this year.
you seem to have left it late to get a cheap flight.i booked mine for sept in jan.
Yeah i have looked to book DIY buy the flights are costing more than i have ever paid for any holiday for the four of us. We went to the bonaire a couple of years ago and only paid £1000 for two weeks at end of june coming back 10th july. This year it is £2400 and having been there once that is way way overpriced!! Do you think prices will drop at all? If not then we will holidaying in this country!!
well its hard to say really.most tour ops have had there sales.might be a few late deals knocking around soon.to fill plane and hotels up.you see they have not booked so many rooms this year again.i have checked a few sites and your looking at 2k.you thought about mainland spain or ibiza,

time you wish to go is the most expensive month.sept/oct might be cheaper.keep looking.join thomsons site/so you get emails with offers.might be worth it to look at 2 weeks instead.can work out cheaper.and putting 4 adults instead of child.
Yes 4 adults often can work out cheaper as there will be less under occupancy! Also if it's Half Board you usually get discounts off each adult price the more adults there are to a room. Just be careful though as some rooms state only 3 adults max. So again if thats the case try 3 adults and 1 child. You never know there may be a way round it!
I always book my own flights and hotel and I save lots of money. I have got 7 nights all inc at club romani for me and my girlfriend for £287 each thats going 3rd june with transfer from airport. the same holiday was £850 with travel agent. People need to look on line before booking with travel agents as the savings are massive and its not that hard to sort out ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.