General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We've done that before- we'd booked for a new hotel ages in advance and when the reviews started coming in they were dire. I just rang First Choice who charged an amendment fee but it was no problem. I was told that they are supposed to charge for each thing amended ie flight and hotel meaning they could charge you twice, but they said they would just charge once.
I considered it well worth the money, I wouldn't have felt happy with our original destination and it meant I could relax and look forward to the holiday. Bear in mind though I probably ammended it a good 9 months in advance of our travel date as we book really early usually, so the travel agent might not be so accomodating if you are travelling soon.

Pam :)
kayceelou wrote:
would it be possible to go to my travel agents and change my holiday for a different one?
You would probably have to choose a holiday from the same tour operator to be able to "swap" eg. if you originally booked from the First Choice brochure, you would have to change to another holiday from the same brochure.
when do you go? that may alter things if it is close by.......

but i have changed several holidays, but always had to stay with the same tour operator like the previous poster said.

its roughly £20 or £30 per person amendmant charge, the best thing to do, is ring up the travel place where you booked it and double check
As others have said, you may well be able to change if you stay with the same tour operator, though there may well be amendment charges payable.

We can only really give you our experiences, which can all be different.

You really need to contact your travel agent immediately as this is the only way to get the answers you require. The closer you leave it to the departure date, the less likelihood there is of being able to change and the charges will probably increase too.

Good luck!

Cazz
You could give us some clues about why you are having second thoughts about the location? You may get more relevant advice.

I only say this because for our first big foreign holiday, we booked it and then started looking for it in the new interweb thingy. We found our hotel and this original forum along with "holiday from hell" and some pretty damning reports scattered about.

I did a bit more digging and found that the many bad reviews came from multiple postings from a couple of people. Their word and reports were being taken verbatim and we were advised by the "experts" to cancel the holiday rather than risk our lives etc....

Naturally we had second thoughts about the location but we decided to go ahead.

We went and had an absolutely fantastic holiday and there were nearly 30 in the party so it wasn't a fluke.

Since then I have researched before booking though just to save the headache!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.