General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
My hobby is going on holiday!
husband has just started to suggest destinations which just happen to have a marathon on the go when we would be going!! :lol:
Prehaps he's trying to tell you something Fiona :!: :rofl
he missed his chance 22 years ago Tony :lol:
We can only go on holiday in the football close season. We check the Internet while on holiday for news on potential new signings.
Should we have enough money for a 2nd week away like last year the fixtures have to be checked to ensure missing an away game and the TV must be studied in the airport or abroad for Sky Sports News. I don't mind though as I am fanatical now as well.
Winter holidays are out as it is the curling season whick OH participates in.
I finally got my daughter in law to leave her horses and come with us to Spain this year with my son and grandson, only for a week mind :lol:
I've got a feeling she might sneak her jodhpurs in so she can ride while we're away :roll:
no hobby is as important to me as my holidays. All others have to take second place. Hubby doesn't get much choice in the matter either although one of his hobbies is running and he usually gets some in on holiday no matter how hot the weather.
Hubby hates going anywhere between September & March as it's the shooting season & he's a fanatic. Thinks nothing of driving 2 or 3 hours just for a shot. Up like a lark at 4 am - pity it's not the same when the lawn's need mowing or there's some painting to be done :roll:
We combine the 2..holidays and scuba diving. My other hobby is exploring so that fits the bill in as well! We can go at any time of the year as long as we have checked with the school in term time..but this won't be an issue for much longer as the boy only has a year to go before he leaves.
my biggest hobby is modifying cars, and my show car was due at a show in scotland on 15th july but i fly that day and my holiday comes first so my car won't be there!
I usually combine the 2 too :-) But then when you are keen salsa dancer it is easy - a fortnight/3 weeks in Cuba with daily dance classes plus nights out in live music bars ticks all the boxes! But I also enjoy walking so we usually do a week in La Gomera in the Canaries each autumn too - good walking in good weather. And my 3rd great love is reading so any holiday allows me to indulge that hobby as long as I make sure that there's the room in the case to pack half a dozen books (and that's for a week!)

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.