Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
I stayed at the Stanford, which is in Kowloon (or more precisely, in Mong Kok) - a good hotel, and in a fascinating part of Kowloon.
Hi

I've been to the Pan Pacific in Singapore. If I went back I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The location is perfect. It's not far from the harbour area and the MRT station and shopping centres are nearby. The rooms in the hotel are really plush, especially the bathrooms.

When we were there just before Christmas they were completely refurbishing the lobby area and were hoping to have it completed for the new year. The Atrium is quite spectacular and the glass lifts going up and down inside the hotel are quite scary at first if you don't like heights!

Elaine :D
Ended up standing outside the Asia hotel Bangkok by accident...did not seem the best located hotel I've visited in Bangkok. If you can stretch the budget a bit further there is a great choice of four and five star hotels in Bangkok without staying at the most expensive addresses. Names that come up regularly on the forum are the Landmark, Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa, Royal Orchid Sheraton...its worth checking if your hotel has easy access to the Skytrain as that makes getting around Bangkok so much easier or try being on the river as that is an experience in itself.
Thanks for the tips.I think the Pan Pacific is pretty much nailed on for Singapore,any thoughts on the Bel air in Bagkok
I have not stayed in the bel air , but I have stayed in the Landmark which is just basically across the road, from what I have heard the Bel Air is a great hotel , not too big and impersonal, also great location near to the nana skytrain station and near many of Bangkok's great restaurants incl Cabbages and Condoms, I would go for it, my son stayed at the PP in Singapore and said it was absolutely fantastic , hope you enjoy your trip, shirleyV
Like Shirley I have not stayed in the Bel Aire but at the Landmark- it is a great location!
Pan Pacific in Singapore seems to be the one to go for the price is pretty good,
Just been recommeded the Montein in Bangkok anyone any knowledge...

Sons cases are packed and just about to leave for the airport
The Asia hotel actually has a skytrain station with direct access. It is also within easy walking distance of Jim Thompsons house, MBK and Siam Square.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.