Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
We are retunring to the Victoria Playa Hotel in Santo Tomas. All of the rooms have balconies. BUT they are not that big, you could not fit a full lounger on one, but you would get a table and two chairs (which are supplied for you). It might be worth noting though that at the end of each floor there are rooms that sleep three and they have MASSIVE balconies and i mean MASSIVE! you could have a party on them they are so big. We met a family last year who had one of these and they had four loungers two tables, a clothes horse area and all the beach inflatables and still room to dance!! There are only about 6 to 8 of these rooms and they also get the sun all day. So if you wanted to book you would have to request these rooms. The staff at the hotel are really really helpful, so would probably help.
Punta Prima prestige read our review if you want to know what it is like it was the one added today we only got back yesterday you can book through Thomson as a pakage we booked acomidation only throught thomsons and flew with xl.com and we only paid £90 half board per night for 4 but you can book it all with thomsons it is a true 5* http://www.insotel.com/ this is a link to comany website but book with thomsons it cheeper
Click Here for reviews of the above mentioned hotel.
We too have looked for this facility and have a few suggestions to look at:
1. In Menorca have stayed at Princessa Playa in Cala'n Bosch, you would need to book an apartment to be sure and request a ground floor one. Although we had a ground floor room (with HB) and pool view, there wasn't direct access from your room, you could however be within easy reach, and hearing, if you had a baby monitor . Also Sol Club Falco, same area, I left a review a few years ago.
2. In Ibiza, the Sirenis Seaview, Port des Torrent, near San An Bay, but don't let that put you off! Here you could pay for a ground floor room and pool view, which should get you something suitable. I know Airtours used to offer these options as an extra. If you are a Sirenis VIP you can even book particular rooms in the future in any of the Sirenis hotels. We have taken advantage of this perk and it does work!
3. In Rhodes, Kiotari Bay Miraluna, again, here you can pay for extra's. We didn't, but requested a ground floor with pool view, and they were very helpful and we got just what we needed.

If its a must have, then you may have to pay to be assured you will get what you want. Please ask if there are any particular questions as like I said it is something we too have searched for in the past. :D
Hi Dot,
Try the Nuramar appts in Cala n Bosch.The 2 bed appts have a large patio/garden,ideal for sunbathing just outside you apartment.They are set out like little villas in the gardens surrounding the pool.
It needs to be a 2 bed as the 1 bed are in a block facing the road.
We went a few years ago with Thomas Cook,don't know if they still do them.
Menorca seems great for kids ,we were the only couple for miles without a buggy :? :?
You might want to have a look at this webpage, the appartment has been recently reformed and it has plenty of space , 3rooms, livingroom, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, fully furnished, place to sunbath on roof, and nices views. You could also enjoy a swim at the appartments swimmingpool or even go to the beach in front. Nice and quiet place to stay.

http://www.suntomas.com
Regards.
Thanks for the tips. I have now booked a week at the Punta Prima Prestige (although I am still hyper-ventillating about the price!). My present to myself after a year looking after twins.
hi Dot you wont be disapointed its a lovely complex and im sure you will enjoy using your jacuzzi bath I did hubby liked the hidro shower and no queing for the bathroom as you have 2 just make hubby use the boaring shower.The four poster bed is realy comfy and realy large so im sure you will enjoy that to we were in room 6001 which looked into the pool so I could watch my 12 yearold in the pool from the terace.Hope you enjoy it as mutch as we did any ? just ask.
dont know if this is a standard thing when you book with the Prestige or not but when we arived we were told there was a hire car for us all we had to pay was the taxes unfortunatly hubby did not have his licence with him but thought I would let you know as it may be of use to you
Ta. I read in the brochure that a free hire car was given if you booked before March 31st.

Can I be a real saddo and ask what English channels are on the tele? Also, do you pay for non-half board food & drinks as and when or can you charge things to your room?
sorry just news chanels and music.When you arive they ask you for a credit card and they take note that you have one and the name and type of card and give you a hotel charge card so that when you go to bye a drink coffee ect it all gets put on this card you just hand it to waiter and sign for it keep your recipts and you can make sure its corect at the end.When you check out you pay the balance but you can pay cash you dont have to put it on the credit card as it will not be charged to your card whithout you being there.Hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.