Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The Atlantica Bay is a lovely hotel, just a bit further out of town than the Four Seasons Amathus area. It is no longer as remote as it was due to some new developments nearby. There is a good bus service along the sea front road into town. It is a quieter area than the main tourist part but restaurants etc. are within walking distance.
Allow an hour for your transfer (depending on arrival time) and longer if you are likely to be dropping off other guests along the way.

It's possible though, the coach may start at the furthest end of Limassol and work it's way back towards the Paphos direction. A friend of ours arrived at Christmas with FC/TUI and was staying at the Apollonia. Their first stop from Paphos was the Atlantica Bay hotel.

CwB
We`re going with Thomson Gold and I beleive we are first drop off. Looking forward to the trip although we don`t go until early June, will be interested to see the changes over the 17 years since we were last in this part of the island. We`re flying into Paphos this time.
Thanks for your reply.
Thinking of booking this hotel over the Easter period. Does anyone know would it be better to book a twin sea-view room rather than a double? It is cheaper to book the double £56 whereas the the twin is £84. I am wondering if the twins are in a better location? I would be grateful for any comments.

Thanks Marie :)
Can`t help much on room locations, but I checked Thomsons site on hotel only basis and twin sea view or double sea view came out at the same price. We decided on all inclusive as the price of drinks are on the high side. There are also superior rooms which cost more again. I`ve read a lot of reviews for the hotel and do recall some saying that they did not think that the sea view room was worth the extra. Alternative being an inland view which looks over the hills , some reviews say wasteland. The hotel is a bit out of town, you can check it on Google earth, it will probably suit us as we are trying to stick to a budget and spend most of our time at the hotel, but we`ve been to Cyprus a couple of times once to this area.
Thanks for your reply - I was going to book the all inclusive as thomson are doing a deal at the moment only 1p per night extra!!! I think I would rather pay the extra for a sea view rather than inland view. Two weeks at EAster is going cost us over £2000. Can I get this cheaper anywhere else? I was thinking we could go to the Dom Republic for this price but we don't fancy the long flight. We have done several of the gold hotels and hope this one is up to their usual standards. The quiet location suits us with trips out now and then.

Regards Marie :sun2
The Thomson gold brochure says that the hotel is exclusive to Thomson group companies in the UK. This would include Portland but we found their site more complex and no cheaper. We looked at prices for around Easter from Glasgow , as I don`t know your details, priced around £1500 for a twin sea view AI. We took the AI offer for our holiday in June, which has now expired for our dates, and the price now shows almost £1000 dearer. Googled the hotel but no availability came up for any date I entered with those who feature the hotel, Uk searches.
Guess what? Thomson dropped the price of this holiday by £200 overnight! I am now thinking should I wait till last minute and see if more savings are to be made but then we would lose the all-inclusive deal which is worth about £440. I have also been reading reviews some good some bad. I was originally going to book the Imperial Beach but we have been to Gold Hotels before and like what they offer especially no kids! I will probably book this by mid week. Hope you have a lovely time when you go.
Current offer for AI expires on 26th Feb. Hard to say what way the prices will go but since we booked on the last week of January the price has never been cheaper but has gone up and down, but always more than we paid. Good luck.
All booked up for Atlantic Bay. We will be back before you go, will send you a review if you want.
Very kind of you. Hope you have a great time. Could you find out if an upgrade to international branded spirits is available on the all inclusive as my friends wife is a bit particular, personally I enjoy the Cyprus brands , wines, beers and spirits. Many thanks.
Hi Everyone

Does anyone know the e-mail address for the atlanica Bay Hotel in Limmasol.

Hi Marie .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic for the hotel.

Contact details are shown on the hotel's website, but I suspect that the email address may apply to all hotels within the group, so you would have to specify that your enquiry refers to the Atlantica Bay:
http://www.atlanticahotels.com/en/Hotels/Cyprus/AtlanticaBayHotel/

Our reviews of the hotel can be found on this page:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/cyprus/limassol/atlantica-bay-hotel/

David :wave
Thanks David
I will make sure that I mention its the Bay that I am referring to.

regards marie :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.