Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi im they want something a bit upmarket try the don pancho hotel they wont be disapointed in that one .. If they want to be in a 3* hotel with good food and some old time dances then they should try the calypso ..The 2 of theese hotels are next to everything shops .bars ,the beach etc good luck mazza
Hi I'm over 60 (just) and we love the 3* Ambassador because it's a stones throw from all the clubs and only a few minutes walk from the front- we have stayed there 5 times.The Regente just over the road might also appeal because it's adults only.This year, however, we are trying the Orange- only a few yards away from the afore mentioned but it was recommended to us by a friend so we thought that we would have a change.

My regret is that the Selomar closed down- we had stayed 3 times and it is right on the beachfront near the lod town.A crying shame that it has not reopned.

If they want to stay in the old town I can recommend the Avenida only a few yards from the front, but you have to get a taxi (5euro) to the clubs area unless you want a 20 mins walk.

Sally
we have stayed in the venus ( good food ) the orange and the helios all good value and all in ~~ the square~~ and all central for food and entertainment try the town club 5 mins walk from the venus for a good caberet show
The Regente just over the road might also appeal because it's adults only.

Hi Sally
I think you mean The Riudor ;)

Sanji
Hotel Avenida, on Calle Gambo!

Best Regards - Taggy
Thanks for the replies guys.

Have checked them all out and asked the inlaws to choose a favourite or 2 so I can narrow the search down. Seen good prices booking hotel seperate, packages are coming out at approx £500pp even though they want to go last minute on Monday 28th :really I think doing it seperatly I can save them about £100pp. Thats with budget airline flights and the hotel.

Just hope I trust them to get from Alicante airport to Benidorm okay ?

The Ambassador looks nice but HUGE, not sure if that will go down too well, I like the sound of the Venus. I take it none of these would suffer badly from noise ? They're a little worried about stag/hen parties staying in the same hotel :yikes

Thanks again
I take it none of these would suffer badly from noise ? They're a little worried about stag/hen parties staying in the same hotel

Hi Miss_Chief1 .. are you moving the goal posts ?? :lol:
Initially you mentioned that they like being in the thick of things, and that they don't like quiet. Recommendations may be based on that, and it's possible that there could be significant internal or neighbourhood noise, stag/hen parties, etc., especially going into peak summer period.

David :wave
Hi David,

NO it's the inlaws moving the goalposts :duh

I think they've done some asking around and friends have said that Benidorm is popular with large groups of "young uns" and now they're panicking !

I'm sure they'll be fine whatever they decide to go for, after all as I said to them, it's school holidays so it will be busy regardless of which hotel they choose
Unless you have already had the time to do it, it may be worth taking a look at the individual forum topic and review page for each of the hotels that you are interested in. I know that hen and stag parties have been mentioned a few times lately in relation to various hotels, including the Venus. That is perhaps inevitable with the increase in DIY Holidays/Short Breaks/No Frills Flights to the Costa Blanca.

If they are looking for something slightly quieter, it may be worth looking at the Hotel Melia Benidorm or the Hotel Madeira Centro, to mention just a couple.

When we were at the Flamingo Oasis in May David, there were also quite a few Stag/Hen Groups in the Melia at that time. We could hear the Stag groups from the Melia on our Hotel Balcony!!! I think these days many of the Larger Hotels popular with British Tourists, will unfortunately also attract certain numbers of large Single Sex groups intent on enjoying themselves, in some cases oblivious to the discomfort they cause other guests. I think Smaller hotels, perhaps with a more "international" client base are probably worth searching out if you want to minimise the risk of sharing a Hotel with these groups. Of hotels i've stayed in, in Benidorm, i've never come across any problems such as this in The Avenida Hotel, The Belroy Hotel and The Regente Hotel. I've also looked at the Hotel Brisa on the Levante beach, and would confidently say you wont get such groups there. I would also expect that hotels such as The Agir and The Cimbel also would probably be Stag/Hen free zones. So maybe some of those may be worth looking at too!

Best Regards - Taggy
i am going to the hotel royal on friday and looking on diffrent sites there does not seem to be any GB people staying there which suites me just fine sounds as though it is a quite hotel nice and peicefull just how i like it
All booked :tup

They plumped for The Venus after I advised them to check some brochures out, Ambassador was the first choice but it was full, they're happy with the Venus and know that it's likely to be less quiet than the Avenida but willing to give it a go.

Flights all booked and they will be there on Monday morning.

Pretty sure I beat the TO prices that they already had which were coming out at almost £700 for half board for 10 nights, not in any of the hotels you all mentioned. I got them this deal DIY, for a total of £562 at the Venus on Full Board ;)

Just got to sort the transfers out for them now and will take a look at the thread at the top of the forum to book.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions, let's hope they have a great 1st time trip to Benidorm :cheers
Had a mini update from the in laws tonight.

Weather is El Scorchio...... :tongue Food quality at the Venus is fantastic and excellent in their own words, nice rooms, hotel is packed as is Benidorm itself and they're having a ball, so a big thumbs up :tup

I booked the transfers with Shuttle Direct and the pick up at Alicante went very smoothly. Will get more info when they get back end of next week.
That's good, all positive so far !! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.