Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
The hotel has been muchly improved this year.

It is about a 5 minute walk from the main town centre and about 45 seconds from the beach.

Tom.
can sumone tell me what it is like?
who do you book with for this hotel?
is it only first choice
please can anyone tell me how far the las vegas hotel is from the sol costa daurada please how long would it take to walk or would i need to get a cab is there lots of main roads to cross if i waked thanks
Hi,

I've just booked to go to back to Salou (5th time) next June staying in the Hotel Las Vegas. I've read through the reviews but was just wondering if anyone else had any tips about the hotel.

I've got a 2 year old son and he won't be able to wait for the late sitting for evening meals. Has anyone successfully changed their allocated evening mealtime at this hotel?

Cheers in advance.

Roll on 13/06/10 :sun2
The Hotel Las Vegas is absolutely superb, without doubt the best hotel I have stayed at in Salou and has recently been awarded what I believe is a well deserved fourth star.

I always found the staff extremely obliging and I'm sure if you explain the situation to them then they will sort something out for you.

Maybe you could email them and ask them whether this would be a problem. Obviously you would need to remind them nearer the time but there is no harm running the question by them now just to find out where you stand.

This is the contact info for the hotel:-

Tel: 00 34 977 380654
Fax: 00 34 977 383543
email: info@hotellasvegassalou.com
web address: http://www.hotellasvegassalou.com

I'm sure your going to have a great time.

Mark :cheers
anyone who has visited recently- we would love a review from you here :)
Mark757 wrote:
The Hotel Las Vegas is absolutely superb, without doubt the best hotel I have stayed at in Salou and has recently been awarded what I believe is a well deserved fourth star.

I always found the staff extremely obliging and I'm sure if you explain the situation to them then they will sort something out for you.

Maybe you could email them and ask them whether this would be a problem. Obviously you would need to remind them nearer the time but there is no harm running the question by them now just to find out where you stand.

This is the contact info for the hotel:-

Tel: 00 34 977 380654
Fax: 00 34 977 383543
email: info@hotellasvegassalou.com
web address: http://www.hotellasvegassalou.com

I'm sure your going to have a great time.

Mark :cheers

Thanks for the information and the links Mark. I've stayed in the Internacional 2 a few times and the Calypso a couple aswell so this is a bit of a different part of Salou for me to stay in. I can't wait.
Hi all this time next week we will be in hotel las vagas.Anyone know any good bars any where good to see.First time in salou
Hi Mrs Mystery. We'll be at the Las Vegas this time next week aswell, we're travelling on Sunday 13th.

It's been some time since we were last there so i wouldn't like to name specific bars but you'll find loads of decent bars on the strip and the streets surrounding it.
May see you there then we travel from manchester 6 am
We stayed at the Hotel Las Vegas last summer and absolutely enjoyed it very much, a superb hotel.

I wouldn't say it was child friendly, there wasn't many kids there when we went (which is what we wanted) so it was a lovely, quiet hotel with no kids mini disco to endure in the evenings.

I'd definitely return to this hotel.
I see this hotel has two sittings for dinner, does anybody know if you have a choice of which one? Also an email address as I cant find it, Thankyou
The hotel's reception and general enquiries email address has changed from the one listed on the website and on your hotel keycard to

clientes@hotellasvegassalou.com

The sittings are 13.00 or 14.00 for lunch

And evening meal 19.00 or 20.30

As your allocated your own personal table (aside breakfast which is a sit anywhere time) you can only change if there's enough space to accomodate you in the dining room.

If your on half board you can swap your evening meal for a lunch by enquiring with Pepe the restaurant manager (older guy, balding and always in a smart black suit) or at reception.

The hotel predominantly caters to the Dutch and Russian market with the odd Brit and Irish thrown in but don't let that put you off.

Food good but not a great deal of variety in offering from lunch to dinner but plenty of salads, pastas, fresh and frozen desserts, meats, soups, fish, vegetables, 'junk' food and a fresh paella everyday

If you perhaps email the hotel and request the sittings, there is a member of the reception team from Newcastle and she said most of the English emails are passed to her (same with the 2 Dutch girls on the team) so don't worry about the email not being in your best Spanish :cheers

Final bit of advice, request a pool room at all odds. You'll get a nice pool view but also a view of the sea and the bay. To the back of the hotel is the Almonsa Playa which is a Dutch 18-30, you can't hear a thing at the front of the hotel but its a little noisy at the back as they tend to play out very very late
I returned from the Las Vegas hotel today and had a great two weeks stay there (July 2009 also). The hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff are always cleaning! The one thing that has changed a lot in the last two years is the natiolality of the other guests - they are mainly Russians and Dutch. We only met six other British couples / families in the two weeks we were there. The Russians aren't dreadfully friendly, infact I'd describe them as ignorant and rude.

I agree with JKKne's post about e-mailing the hotel and requesting the sittings, I think the British receptionist from Newcastle is called Sandra? I also agree about requesting a pool room at the front of the hotel as it's much, much more quiet - we were at the back of the hotel in July 2009 and it's very noisy! We sent an e-mail requesting a 'High floor at the front of the hotel', and luckily that's what we got.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.