Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi! Stash,

Did you go to Les Cocotiers? What was it like as we are going there 0807. Any info would be appreciated.
Sorry, I didnt end up going. A change in boyfriend = a change in destination :oops:
Come on it is summer? Surely someone has stayed at Les Cocotiers. I will be arriving there on 22.08.07 lets hear about it before I go 8)
I have jus come back from the les cocoteirs aprtments in ixia stayed there the dates 25thjuly-8thAugust The apartments were very nice and the bar staff yannas & Sperious were very friendly too. Not that many people stayed around the pool so it isnt that much of a fight to get sunbeds the pool is cleaned once a week and apartments are cleaned everyday.There is a supermarket vertualy next door and is a good rate to get money changed there is a selections of bars and restraunts in Ixia but if you would like to shop then i would recommend going to Rhodes NEW town which is about 7 euros in a taxi or 2 euros on the bus. There isnt really that much to do around ixia the beach is cobily and you need shoes to walk in the water.If you go to Rhodes OLD town then were FLAT shoes as it is very cobily and there is a lot of it. well hope you find this helpfull email me if you need any more infomation abbi x
Thanks for the info Abbi. We are off there next week so looking forward to it. It is 16 years since we were last there, Rhodes Town, so I wonder how times have changed things. Anyway we will enjoy it all the same, looking for the old bars wefrequented in our 'Youth' Ha!! Thanks again & I'm glad you enjoyed your stay there.........................Will you return? :wink:
Well I hope you do have a lovely time.Erm not quite sure whether we would go back as my nan is in a wheelchair and it was very hard for us to push her round as its not very suitable for weelchairs :x Also we didnt actually find out till we arrived that it wasnt just english people who stayed in les cocotiers there was iclandics.germans&sweedish so dont be put of as when we were there all the foreigns were lovely. But apart from that and if it was a bit more lively then yes i probbaly would go back. :D
All the better that it is multi-cultural, Abbi. We have to live & learn & the Germans normally think I am one of them when they see me up & about early getting the sunbeds :lol: Thanks for the reply, I will put in a few lines about the place on my return so others can decide if it is for them :wink:
A bit late on the up date but I've been busy. Stayed 14 nights in Les Cocotiers, a friendly, as all Rhodians appear to be, family run hotel / apartments. Yannis at the poolside bar is a great bloke & very helpful with ideas of where to go to visit & which restaurants are good. The poolside is very clean& easy access for sunbeds not the Costa type 'get up early to get them' place as most people go to the beach, which is just across the road. Rooms are very basic with only 2 rings for cooking, no kettle iron etc but very clean with linen changed every day & towels every other day. This hotel is not suitable for the disabled wheelchair user as there are so many steps every 50yards or so, we were at the back looking on to the tree lined hills so it was a bit of a struggle in the 40+c heat. Had no trouble with mozzies, unlike some people who were covered in bites as I used Jungle Formula spray from Boots & it worked a treat & never spoilt the holiday. After meeting some other guests who have travelled widely across the Greek isles & expressing that Les Cocotiers is the best accommodation they have come across, for that 3 * rating, I would recommend this hotel, especially for those on a budget as I thought it was quite cheap for 3 of us at £1200 for the 14 nights.(Olympic) Plenty to do outside in Ixia if you are not a in the 18 - 35 bracket, otherwise get to Rhodes Town or Faliraki. Enjoy!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.