Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hia chris i haven't stayed there myself but my sis in law stayed there last year and enjoyed it. it did have a kiddies disco so get learning the dance routines, palmanovas great for the kiddies but also wander into magaluf if you avoid the strip there are loadsa family friendly bars and there is a free stage show in the square at the back of bcm nightclub which the kids will enjoy it was really popular last year when we where there, they have acrobats and dancers oh and probably the worst hypnotist ive seen funny because he was no good, somehow i dont think he'll be appearing this year, we go again in july so i,ll let you no what acts are on
Hi Chris
My daughter is working at that hotel as a creche rep. She loves the hotel and says the food is great.
Hello chris, we stayed there last October with me the wife our daughter and two grankids, it was the first time we have been to a Super Family hotel as we normaly go just on our two owns and keep away from places with kids. I must say it was a very good hotel we had a room on the top floor with sea veiw and our daughter was on the same floor with a pool veiw, this side gets very hot so she had to put the A/C on most of the time.
There is a fridge in the room to keep your drinks cold and the TV has ITV and BBC plus I think SKY News to keep up to date with things back home (if you want) the kids are well locked after by the Kids Reps although your 2 year old is to young to go to the kids club. It has two pools a main one and a kids one about a foot deep and a small play ground, they put entertainment on day and night for both kids and adults.
At the time of our visit you could get a sun bed easy, but they do say that in the summer it is a bit harder to get one. :sun2 Drinks in the bar are a bit pricey with again at the time of our visit a pint was 3.50 euros in the bars in town it was 2.00 euros, if you like wine that was the best price at 6.00 euros a bottle. :cheers
The food I have to say was some of the best we have ever had in a Spanish 3 star hotel, they even do puddings and custard :D there is also a small kids section for food.
Any way we liked it so much me and the wife are going back this October just on our own.

Hope this is a bit of a help.

Dave.
Can anyone help me with room sizes as this hotel? I have emailed both the hotel and tour operator twice and haven't had a response. We are a family of 2 adults, 2 children and ideally want the largest accomodation available. I think the suites are larger than the rooms but does anyone know whether the suite 2-4 and suite 2-5 is 2 rooms. Thanks.
We stayed in this hotel ( 2 adults & 2 kids ) in a family room and it was absolutely tiny ! It was honestly the smallest room I've ever stayed in. We had a buggy and if we left this up there was no floor space - we at times wheeled it into the bathroom. There was no where to put empty suitcases either and we had to ram these under the bed. There was so little room that the 4 beds together in effect made up one huge bed. Also the small "camp bed" I felt was unsafe. There is also no room outside for kids (unless they are actually in the pool). Every space is taken up with sunbeds and there is not enough of these either which causes people to queue up from 7AM to get one !!!! This hotel in my opinion does definitely not deserve its 3+ rating - I have stayed in better 3* accommodation.
:(

Have booked this hotel for July 2012 after seeing some good reviews and fancying a change from Lara Beach (Turkey) where we've been for the past 3 years (shorter flight etc) but am now wondering if we've done the right thing..

The thing with Turkey is that the hotels are large, huge pools, plenty of space - no sunbed wars etc but the downside is that there's no town to walk around, no-where to go for that after dinner stroll so we though Palma Nova would be a nice change as there's plenty of places to go of an evening.

Trouble is, the reivews for the Marina are now coming in poor and it seems that the sunbed wars are at their worst there! I did think that we'd use the beach if we couldnt get beds round the pool but it kind of defeats the object if you are AI to pay 11 euro a day for beds on the beach and pay for your drinks etc!

I've a feeilng we've been a bit spoilt by the Turkish hotels and that fact that they are spacious etc and that the situation with space at the Marina will spoil the holiday as we really do like to sunbathe & swim most days.

I was feeling excited about going but now I'm wondering if we've done the right thing..

Anyone have 1st hand experience of the Marina? Is the sunbed situation really as bad as is described?? Any reassurance will be gladly received!! x
My friend went over ten years ago and stayed their on a club 18 30 holiday, pool area is not large and she said that you had to fight to get a spot in the sun as there are a lot of trees so very shaded. But hotel was lovely and clean with good food.
;) Hi we are going to the Marina Torrenova on Monday and like you when we booked the reviews looked pretty good. Iv'e been looking at the reviews over the last few days and some of them are quite worrying. Anyway we are going with an open mind and i will let you know what it was like when we get back. We are travelling with our 17 year old Daughter, our older Daughter and son-in-law and our two year old Granddaughter.
I think you'll find that sunbed wars are described on many, many hotel reviews I would not worry about it and just go with the flow when you get there.

The reviews are mostly good with the odd blip here and there, nothing stands out as anything to be seriously worried about and you can't please everyone all of the time.
Just came back from Marina Torrenova on friday. The sunbed scramble is hilarious, people queueing up from as early as 5.30 am and then running around trying to get the sunbeds that they wanted. We always managed to get a bed whenever we went down, it's just if you want a particular area that you need to worry and be in the queue early. Think you have made a good choice, hotel is spotless and staff and entertainment team are brilliant.We are looking into going back next year, we enjoyed it that much.
Thanks for that Madsal, to be honest I am yet to find a hotel(especially the AI ones) where such a scramble does not take place for the beds.

We are also first time visitors booked for the Marina Torrenova next August and by all accounts I think I have made a good choice with that hotel :)
:) Hi we have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Marina Torrenova and as promised i said i would let you know how we got on.
We all had a great time, the hotel is lovely and it's also in a great location right near the beach. The staff are all very friendly even the cleaners and they keep the rooms spotlessly clean. The entertainment is first class during the day and night with things like aqua aerobics and waterpolo during the day and live shows and quizzes in the evening. The children are well catered for with a good childrens club and a mini disco most evenings. The entertainment team work really hard. The all inclusive food and drinks are very good although i would say the breakfasts and day time food are much better than the evening meals. You do get lots of children running around during the evening but thats not the hotels fault it's down to the parents to keep them under control,but it certainly didn't spoil our holiday. And to top it all off the temperature was in the 40s the whole week. Anyway hope this helps we would certainly recommend this hotel and would consider going back again ourselves.
  • Edited by marg 11 2011-08-29 20:33:11
Thanks for the feedback marg. Once you've unpacked, perhaps you might take time to update our reviews page for the hotel too:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/palma-nova/marina-torrenova-hotel/

Many thanks
David :wave
Does anyone know what the AI drinks are please? Most importantly does anyone know if they have a Baileys style drink available? :D
Hi all :wave:

Thanks for your previous replies and apologies I have not responded sooner. I checked HT a while ago and the site was down - I read somewhere that it was gone totally so imagine my surprise when I found it back up and running again.

Thanks for the reports about the sunbed situation - we go on July 24th which will be here in no time. I'm really looking forward to the holiday despite the fact that it will be so different to the large turkish hotels we have been to recently.

I'll post a review on my return and will be watching the discussions and reviews that come in before with interest.

:cheers
2 weeks to go and watching the poor reviews roll in..... :(

Never mind - at least the sun will be out! x
a.i drinks will be local produced drinks.not branded but just as good sometimes.some hotel chains i know do a gold a.i on drinks.ie branded names on drinks.but your looking at 25 to 27 euro aday,
mainly in ibiza this is
Where are you watching the poor reviews from? Most of them are excellent x
I am fine with locally produced drinks and have also found out that they do indeed have a Baileys style drink Yay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.