Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi surferchick

I have had a quick look on http://www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk and the reviews look very good.

As regards to the weather have a look at http://www.metcheck.com they do a 14 day forecast :)

Hope that info helps you and have a great holiday :sun :hyper :fly :yipee :glynis

ness :wave
we went this time of year 2 yrs ago, when the sun shone it was lovely, warm enough to swim in the sea, and still quite warm at night, but we had quite a lot of rain when we were there, so this time of year weather can be a bit iffy.
hopefully you will be luckier than us.
enjoy your trip.
ali
Thanks aligclark for your comments and ness i will check out your links. only 8 days to go now. If anyone else has more tips or links please let me know
Happy holidays :fly :D
Surfer chick
x x x x
It has been raining for afew days.
So that of course means at this time of year that the temperture comes down. But right now the sun is shing and inthe sun cream is fine out of the sun you need to wrap up or you will get a cold. While walking in the day time be careful as getting hot then cold makes you sick. Light mac would be handy as it has been raining quite heavy even this morning.
Plenty of cheap good irish food cafes to warm you if you get cold.
Do the Irish like to drink?? Is the Pope a catholic??
OH NO! Whilst i appreciate your honesty it wasn't what i wanted to hear! :(
Are you talking from past experiences or current info?
thanks
surfer chick
x x x x
I do not quite get what you wanted or did not want to here??

That you are going to a resort??? made for the purpose to cater to some of the 7 million people who go to mallorca??

Or the Irish food on offer or the weather.
No No NO!! Sorry my mistake should have been more clear!!! :oops:
I meant i didn't want hear about the bad weather but then you cheered me up by saying there was plenty of cheap irish bars! (I'm not irish but i'm sure i can adopt they're way of drinking for one week!) :glynis
Sorry for any confusion
Surfer chick
x x x x
Hi surfer chick,
I have stayed at the sister hotel - Santa Ponsa Park - right next to the Pionero. They are both lovely hotels, yours just has the edge in my opinion.
It is very clean, lovely decor, food ok, a bit repetetive after 14 days but we could live with it. The entertainment was ok, but not great, get off up the town and its more lively - it was in August anyway.
The rooms are basic but clean, you must keep the patio door shut for the aircon to work.
You must go to 'The Square' for a good night out with a good atmosphere.
It is quite a walk from the hotel but worth it, and when you've had a few its downhill all the way back! They have tribute acts every night; look on the board at the entrance to find out who's on what night. I am assuming all this still goes on in October, as I say we were there in August.
If you can't find it, ask at the tourist info at the bottom of the street on the same side of the road as the beach.
If you want to know anything else just ask.
Marie
ps have a great time 8)
That should make you smile their are halloween parades funny at least maybe you can take some thing with you?? Why they parade so early I do not Know??

You can get a tan you can go to the beach without looking like a complete limon as it hot especially and if you find yourself a sun-trap you will fry!
Do not think you will not burn because the sun is hot...Silly me! The sun is hot!

But next week??who knows??
Butler I dunno where you get your info from but you have been of great use to me so a BIG THANK YOU!!!
I might just take my halloween costume with me just to join in with the festivities. :D
Also just because the weather may be bad does that mean it will still be hot?
Mucho gracias
Surfer chick
x x x x
Hi all

Anyone visited either the Pionero or its sister hotel Santa Ponsa Park :?:

If so can you please give me any advice as to your preferred option as we are about to book one or the other on an all inclusive basis for August.

Any info on hotels or resort gratefully received :idea:

Carol :sun :glynis :sun
Carol go for the Pionero.
We stayed at the Santa Ponsa Park and to be honest there's not much in it
but all our party felt it was just slightly nicer.
You can use either one anyway for everything but eating, and I didn't see
a bedroom at the Pionero but on gut feeling I felt it was slightly nicer.
We also stayed all inclusive and it was good value but a bit repetetive.
If you need to know anthing else just ask.
Marie
Hi

A big thank you to everyone who took the trouble to reply to my queries regarding the Hotel Pionero and Santa Ponsa resort.
Just to let you know I have now booked and we're off for a week on the 17th Aug.
Anyone staying at the Pionero around this time :?:

If so come and say hello and have a drink :glynis

(I'll be the one wearing the sunburn :yikes ) :rofl :rofl

Carol
:pele :yipee :yipee :pele
Hi Carol. We stayed here last year and found it to be a very good hotel. The rooms and the grounds were spotless and there was always someone about cleaning. The room was spacious and there would have been room for another single bed if required(there was only my wife and I). You may want to request a room overlooking the pool -you can email special requests direct to the hotel - otherwise you may get a view of the carpark or the hotel in the next street(Rey Don Jaime). The all inclusive was good with no real restrictions other than the usual of brand name drinks. The cocktails are lovely. There was plenty of choice of sunbeds at any time of day although this might be different in August(we went in September). Our only criticism was that the food was a little repetitive with lunch and evening meal being very similar, however this will probably be ok for a week.You may have read in some reviews that some of the staff were not very friendly. We never found this a problem and found that as anywhere if you treat people respectfully they will treat you the same. I am sure you will have a great time.
Ask for room 346 its at the very end of the corridor and overhangs the pool.It is really good,it also has a bathroom window being an end room. Outsice the room is a door leading directly to a lift down to the pool area. Go for it!!. Do make the effort. If you dont you could be stuck looking out onto the kitchens of the ray-don-jaime next door and you wont like that.-- By the way,i presume that 246.446 and 546--146 all are end rooms too. Have a nice trip.
I am in the --ray--don jaime first two weeks july. Got an awsome deal on Portland direct.. £730 all in for my wife and i, half board flying from Bournemouth. Some say we are potty leaving bournemouth beach in july,but we love Majorca.
hi all, we've been to santa ponsa a couple of times now and think it's great!! we have stayed at the hesperia playas de mallorca and the golf beach, both have been really nice, but fancy a change. i am about to book 3 rooms at the hotel pionero, and wondered if any of you have any suggestions as to which would be the nicest rooms to ask for. we (6 adults) will be hopefully going there at the end of june next year. thanks - dotty
It will depend which board option you go for. If you go half board you will be allocated the Pionero, if you go all inclusive then you will be put in the hotel next door - the Santa Ponsa Park. The best rooms, we found, in regard to the view were those overlooking the pool otherwise you look onto either the car park or the Rey Don Jaime on the other side. This would apply to either hotel. As for room facilities, the standards are pretty much the same for both hotels. There are some rooms which have connecting doors but I'm not sure where these are located in the hotels. We have stayed in both several times.
I fully recommend Santa Ponsa, what a lovely place, we stayed there a few years back, go for a swim in Little Beach just up the road to the left of the main beach before the marina. :wink:

Plenty of good bars and great pipe band when we were there. The square is a must also. Another must go while in Majorca...Son Amar, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

If anyone remembers me and the spanish coachman on the trip to Son Amar

"there are trees on the left...and if you look over there you will see there are also trees on the right" :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.