Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hello chris, 1st the weather you never know. Sliema is a working town as well as a resort so most things e g; bars and restaurants will be open. It is made up of 3 parts, Sliema Creek were you have road side bars some good shops even names that you will know from home although the prices are a bit more than at home. You can get ferries trips from here as well, the Harbour trip is a good one that goes round both Harbours and you get to see the fancy boats and Fortifcations.

The other side Tigne Sea front goes from Dragut point all the way to St Julians point, all beaches have rock not sand, again there are bars/restaurant and entertainment venues all the way along here. If you want a mad night out go a bit further on and in St Julians you will get one.

The bit in the middle is were the locals live, were you can see the real Malta with barking dogs, woman shouting up the street at there kids and a hand full of local bars were you are always made welcome.

Then there are the sites of Malta, there are so many it is hard to put them all down but these are the best one to see. Valletta, get the bus or if the blue boat is running use that, built in 1571 for the Knights of st John as there new home this place is a living museum something to see at every turn, some things to look out for are the Grand Masters Palace ,St Jonns co-Cathedral, the upper Barracca Gardens,the church of St Paul's Shipwreck,Casa Rocca Piccola, Fort St Elmo/War Museum, the Manoel Theatre, if you like a nice painting then go to Admiralty House home of the fine arts Museum, along with some nice old buildings also a walk round the battlements with views over both Harbours I would say two days to see some of Valletta.

Then there is M-dina built by the Arabs a walled town Malta's old capital again with loads to see from a Cathedral, Palazzo Vilhena, old Grotto's and Catacombs and views over most of the island. then there is a trip to Gozo always a good day out. so here are just a few things for you to have a look at, I think it is always best to get a good guide book the one I use is the Cadogan Malta Gozo & Comino by Simon Gaul.
Hope this is a bit of a help.
Dave.
thanks Dave
I thought no one was talking to me, really looking forward to it
only 4 weeks to go,as long as its not pouring everyday we'll enjoy it
come on :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.