Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hiya Everyone...

Could some of you please help me????

I am going to the above hotel in august with my husband and 2 kids.

Can anybody tell me if this hotel is good and if there is anything in the resort for a 12 and 9 yr old to do to keep the occupied of an evening??

And also could anyone tell me of any good bars that do entertainment of an evening??

I would really appreciate the info as i have never been to this part of Ibiza before.

Hope to hear from you all soon. :)

Thanks
Hi, almost made my mind up to book the RIOMAR in Santa Eulalia for first two weeks in August, just one thing worrying me!

Can anyone tell me if LATE CHECK OUT rooms are readily available at this hotel? Our flight home doesn't leave until 5.30am so we won't get picked up till about 2.30am ish. It's a long time to hang about from 12 midday with a tired 9 year old!

Any help greatly appreciated :)
haven't stayed there(stayed at orquidea)went there for entetainmement found them most accomadting,even though we were not staying there,really nice people :tup

M :wave:
Not stayed here but most hotels if they offer a late check out room, will charge you aound 20/30euros to keep your room until 6pm. Most hotels offer a luggage room and a room to go for a shower in, you usually book a time at reception for this.Hope this helps. Have a look at Thomson hotel only page a couple of weeks before you fly they sometimes have rooms in different hotels for £2-£10 as a special offer.You could book one of these then you can have your room until you leave.
booked this hotel looked very good until we booked first off flight change direct holidays got took over by tom cook lost a day next up hotel room is a three beded room how many parents share a room with a 15 yearold next up we have to leave the room at 12 midday we dont fly home till 4.30 am next day happy holidays
We have booked to go to this Hotel in the last two weeks in August. Our flights home are midday, so we will be vacating our room early on departure day anyway.

The hotel has a website and an email address if you want to try and contact them direct...

http://www.hotelriomar.com/en/contacto.htm

reservas@hotelriomar.com

MJ
Another (hopefully) quick question about the Hotel Riomar, which I hope someone can answer who has been fairly recently.

We have booked HB for our holiday - is there a strict 'long trouser' code for the evening meal, or are men allowed to wear 'smart' shorts?

Past few holidays we have been on, most hotels did have this rule, but it can be a pain as we usually go straight out after the evening meal, and if its a warm evening (which it probably will be in mid-August), I'd prefer not to wear long trousers or have to go and change into shorts again before going out.

Cheers for info!

MJ
We have just booked this hotel for last week in augm We have nine year old son. Is there any entertainment in the hotel and reading previous posts and reviews rooms are quite small Is this so. Woluld love to hear from anyone who has been there. Have booked a room with a view so hope we get it.
I'd also love ot hear from anyone who's been in the last months or two.

We have booked a seaview room, but I have since read on another review site that some people who claim to have booked seaview rooms did not get them on arrival, and were told to wait a few days before they could have one - some not getting them at all!

I don't fancy having an arguement with reception on arrival, and waiting to see if the rep can sort it out.

Would just love to know from anyone whos been lately if this sort of thing is a 'common' occurance at this hotel, and is there anything to 'worry' about??

Cheers

MJ
I,d like to know about sea view room problem too. just booked for last week in august. myself, my husband and 9 year old son. Have booked seaview room. Fingers crossed we get it. :think
We had a similar problem two years ago in Tunisia - booked a seaview, but were allocated one on the other side of the hotel on arrival - went to reception, spent almost an hour arguing being told it wasn't booked it was only 'requested', despite having paperwork showing the payment for the room upgrade, and that they had none left anyway.

Spent the first night in the incorrect room until we could see the (JMC) rep at the welcome meeting the next day - she issued them with a few threats, and we were suddenly given a seaview room for the rest of our holiday.

I hope there aren't any problems (for you as well as us) at the Riomar, but hopefully the rep will be able to sort it, if there are.

MJ
hi johnson 293. I hope neither of us have any probs. You arrive before us so good luck!
Nobody seems to come up with an answer about long trousers though.
My husband will not take long trousers on holiday unless he really has too.
Probably bump into you without knowing who you are lol :)
Debs, not sure about entertainment at the Riomar as we have never stayed there (have passed it on many occasions!!) but you will be very handy for the Mariners bar and also for a stroll along the prom! We're off to Santa E on 2nd August and will be in the mariners most nights as great for all family.
still no answer on the long trousers then.
long trousers should be a must really.heath thing.you would eat the food if they was wearing shorts.i would walk out.sweat problem thats all.i know its hot but dress up a bit.rules are rules.its not uk
Pretty much planned ahead anyway, regarding the long trousers issue.

Bought a couple of pairs of Linen Jeans, so at least when I have to wear them, they wont be as heavy/warm and wont have to change before ging out for the evening.

Two weeks tomorrow... can't wait!! :sun2
RE: Problems with pre-booked Seaview rooms and their availability, I have just read on another review site, from July 2008...

Not looking forward to an arguement on arrival (next Wednesday), so I have just emailed Thomas Cook advising of this, and asking them to confirm that they did book the seaview (they charged me for it so they better have!) and their advice on what I should do if it happens.

Will post back if/when I get a response.

MJ

Comments removed due to Copyright - Admin
Hi, I,ve just read that review as well. Not very encouraging is it. Still no answers on long trousers for dinner i see. Have a great time. We go 2 weeks sat. Good luck with sea view. I,m worried now as rooms at back are reported to be like ovens. I can see me being the one arguing about already booking sea view!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.