UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Try mooching through their websites, it might be a bit hit and miss but there's no reason why you shouldn't try starting reservation requests off just to see if it will show a room even if you have to use telesales to redeem the voucher. The Ramada website will let you download their UK directory as a PDF file you can browse through which ought to be much easier.
If it were me - i'd book for 2 adults and 2 children and try and ge ta hotel with the biggest Family Room available. Most hotels don't charge for children as young as '2', so long as they are sharing existing bedding !

Tom
I thought the use of tesco vouchers under the hotels section were always based on 2 adults sharing .I could be wrong of course or you may be aware of this anyway but I have a feeling you would have to pay extra for the children .

If you actually rang hilton ,marriott etc directly maybe they will have a list of those with family rooms and could answer the situation with the 2 year old before you approach Tesco .

Is the central reservations number you rang operated by Tesco or the hotel chain .
It was the hotel directly that I rang.
We've used the vouchers before with 2 children and no problems. You sometimes just have to pay for their breakfast.
Thanks
Hi there, we have had the same problems over the years as we have four children.

Marriott hotels have been accomodating depending on where you go. York was brilliant, the staff were incredibly helpful but I have stayed in Edinburgh Marriott where they weren't so good. Hydro hotels usually have rooms big enough but forget the HIlton as they just will not entartain it. The fact that your youngest is 2 is a bonus because we found hotels more agreeable to putting in extar cot as opposed to extra bed.

My best advice is to bypass central reservations and contact each hotel direct, it depends on the staff. Good luck. x
An update = saw a special offer for the Madejski Millenium hotel in Reading. Have booked 2 rooms (one in my name, one in hubbies).

Have got interconnecting rooms - confirmed by email.

Was £10 for each room :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.