Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
sol cala blanca
18 Posts
Hello,
We went to Majorca last august & stayed in portals nous near palma nova (i have 2 children 5 & 12). We went to palmanova beach one day & Magaluf beach on 2 other days. Both beaches were surprisingly quiet & were not much busier than i have seen them in may(both are spotlessly clean). We did not notice a problem with teenagers & also had a brilliant day at the water park Aqualand near Magaluf. I would not worry . We have booked the Hotel Hawaii in palmanova from the 8-15th august.

regards,

Nigel
we stayed at the cala blanca at the beginning of august 2001. I think you will find the area surprisingly civilised! Most of the teenagers will be up the road in Magaluf, and palma nova itself is mainly families/ couples. Next to the hotel are a couple of "piano" bars that seem to cater for the middle aged dancers! (I confess to being middle aged but not much of a dancer) We had a room at the back of the hotel and there was sometimes noise from the bar showing endless fools and horses repeats, and occasionally passing youths, but it was never a problem. I would have preferred a sea view room though. There is also a very popular minigolf down the promenade- open quite late, floodlit, set in very attractive gardens. The hotel itself was the nicest we have stayed in in Majorca.
thank you for your replies

:D
has any one been to the cala blanca in palma nova what is it like
I am going on sunday for 3 days to the Cala Blanca,went last feb and enjoyed it enought to go again.On the sea front,good choice of food that is hot,the plates were hotter than that,piano playing as you go into the dinning room,probobly not for young ravers.Reception staff very good english.Enjoy it,anything spacific please ask
there is going to be 4 adults and 2 kids going on the last wek in june first week in july whats it like for kids does it do self catering who is the tour operator
We booked direct with the hotel on the internet at http://www.solmelia.com.It was february and there were not many children then.I don't think they do self catering
Hi, ive booked a last minute weekend away to palma nova (sol cala blanca hotel), just wondered if anyone could help me with some information!

Is it warm enough to swim in the pool/sea yet? 8)
and more importantly, are most of the bars open now?! :D
also how busy is it likely to be at this time of year?

any info would be greatfully appreciated!

lorraine x
hi there just come back from palma nova on saturday the weather was loveley and hot but no matter how hot it got the sea was still very cold,i did brave it once lasted about 2 minutes.yes all the bars and clubs are open started to get a lot busier on the last few days of our hols.ps did walk past your hotel a few times first impressions very good,so enjoy yourself have a nice holiday.
I stayed at the Cala Blanca last week,lovely hotel,good food and good choice of food,staff great and very helpful,rooms and service of rooms very good,reception staff very good english.Great position,mainly older clients so not alot of noise in the hotel.enjoy
has any one stayed here???wats it like???
:D
Hi All

Thinking of trying this hotel next June any advice on hotel or surrounding area.

Thanks
Just to get a sea view room if you can- it really is worth it.
It's in a great position and is a very nice hotel.
Some of the reviews on trip advisor are not very good,which is giving me some cause for concern, also is the area surrounding hotel flat as I have a small problem with my ankle and prefer flat and even ground.
Hi the prom in palma nova is lovely and flat, havent been to cala blanca but have stayed in sol guadalupe and that is a fab hotel, normally the sol group are of a good standard . enjoy 8)
Hi- I just had a look on trip advisor, as I wondered what the problem could be!! There were only 2 reviews in the latest 30 that didn't give it 4 or 5. Both said the hotel didn't cater well for young children. Well, we didn't have children with us, but we did see staff mildly admonishing children for running around wildly in the reception area, and returning them to their parents. Certainly there were no children's discos, but there were plenty of those at the Santa Lucia opposite. We saw a few children there, and they seemed to be having a good time, but if you are travelling with youngsters maybe you should check out the facilities.
Hi

There was a review I was worried about that was put on in September 24th,but not every one likes the same thing. All I was looking for was clean hotel,good food,seaview,and not to many children around.I think I will book for June.
Thanks to all who gave me information
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.