Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
well apart from that it wasn't bad then ? :rofl
Sorry to hear about your terrible time!! :cry:

Sounds awful.
Did you contact your rep and report your problems and did you fill in a complaints form?
Yes I spoke to the rep, she gave me a load of bull about Croatia going through a transition stage and there were bound to be a few problems with accomodation and that it would be the same anywhere I went in Croatia. She never mentioned a complaints forms but a written letter will be going to Balkan Holidays in teh next few days. I asked her to voice my concerns to the hotel management but I doubt she spoke to them, since anything I managed to get done was through harrassment after she had supposedly intervened.

I don't hold much hope for the skills of a rep who has worked in Croatia for 4 years, been a resident for 3 and seems to be quite proud of the fact that she speaks less Croatian than I do, having given myself a crash course in the 2 weeks prior to my holiday.

I wonder how long they can keep using the war as an excuse for Hotel and tour operators to avoid investing in property management.
John speak to Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114 she is a Travel Law Lawyer and will give you free advice on your complaint.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on. ;wave
Thank you for the advice, I will contact her next week.
what was the hotel called that you was staying in? It sounds awful and we were considering going with balkan tours next year.....maybe I will give it a miss....
The name is in the title Seanie, the Hotel Zupa, Srebreno.

luci :wave
So sad to hear about your experiences in Srebreno. I used to holiday in Srebreno throughout my teen years with my family (15 years ago) and Srebreno holds a lot of great memories for me, the people were always really nice and accomodating, hope you do decide to give the area another try. I remember seeing coverage of Srebreno during the war and the hotels had been used to house families that had lost their homes. I imagine that extreme overuse coupled with lack of facilities has really taken it's toll on the area, but as has been mentioned, there has been a lenghthy period to put things right. I have always wanted to go back to the area, hopefully it will be better when I do.
:cry: We have just returned from "Helltel" Zupa when I was there I was reading things can only get better - They have not at Zupa. I wish I had read this before going. I might not have and I would have been ready for the culture shock.
It is the worst hotel I have stayed in.
When we were there we found where they keep their spare beds - Under the hotel in the open air next to the rat traps. If you are taking a child this is where their bed will come from.
We were also told that the hotel was not 3* but 2* by the local reps.
I feel i must type to update the above information as I have just returned from a fantastic holiday at the hotel Zupa.
Yes, the hotel was basic. We had a twin bed room with a bathroom (shower, loo, sink), bedside tables, a desk with a tv, and a balcony with chairs. The room was PERFECTLY CLEAN and the bathroom was cleaned daily and new towels provided. The shower, sink and toilet were clearly all quite new and worked perfectly, the shower had a really good water pressure. The linen was all clean and not at all threadbare. We had a modern air conditioning unit which kept our room cool at all times, therefore the balcolny sliding doors were locked at night and we were not once kept awake at night. However the walls were quite thin ie was woken at 8am by next doors shower, so if you had really noisy neighbours you potentially could be disturbed. We did have a few tiny ants in our room, but to be expected in that climate really and they did not pose a problem.
Breakfast was not slops. The choice was: lovely fresh bread or toast with a choice of marmalade, soft cheese, butter, chocolate spread, honey or tuna to go on it, cheap cornflakes, musli and coco pops, boiled and scrambled eggs, roasted vegetables, mini frankfurters, 3 different types of ham and two types of cheese, fruit, yoghurt, tea, coffee, apple, orange and grapefruit juice. Enough choice to suit everyone.
We experienced no crimes, there was certainly no plaster falling down, our wardrobe was empty etc. The maids did tend to assume you were at breakfast between 8 and 9 and would unlock the door and you'd have to say hello and then they would go away again and come back later. The receptionists were helpful, although the night staff's english wasn't too good. As we arrived at night we had to leave our passports with reception overnight in order for them to check us in in the morning which we were nervous about but we got them back in the morning.
There are a lot of steps around but they were level and not cracked. I saw no shrapnel damage and the whole reception, dining room and patio had clearly been redone recently. You can see clearly a bombed out shell of a hotel from the hotel zupa- this isn't the fault of the hotel zupa and in any case reminds you of what happened to this district not so long ago. We did see folded up bed frames and matresses under the hotel but i assumed these were old broken ones, not ones in use. A Double bed definately had one sheet not two single! I cant say I noticed a lot of fire warnings, extinguishers etc (but i wasnt looking for them) but remember that croatia is not yet in the eu and maybe this is not law there yet.
The only annoying thing apart from the ants was reception came round at 1am to find out if we had an old guest's bag in our room as he'd come to report he'd lost it and wondered if he'd left it there. Apparently he had come during the day but we weren't there so decided to come back at night. Not sure what the receptionist was playing at to let him come round, got a real shock as two girls staying together when a man banged on our door in the night! They were both very apologetic the following day and of course the bag wasn't in our room. This was just an unlucky occurance and didn't bother us after the initial shock.
Srebreno itself is lovely, classy, nice beaches, lovely people. The zupa is a two star hotel with no pool, very close to the beach where you can swim. Infinately better than a youth hostel, about the same sort of room as a UK travel inn. If you want a posh hotel stay in Cavtat, otherwise Zupa is absolutely fine and in a perfect location with shops, bars, beach, bus stop direct to Dubrovnik.
I've just checked on the Hotel Review section and there isn't a single review of this hotel there.

I use hotel reviews on various websites to decide whether to make a particular booking and, although I know that reviews are subjective rather than objective and individuals may have different expectations and see things differently, it would be really useful if more people could post a review of the hotel/apartment they've recently stayed in.

Mods
sorry if this is :offtop

Polly
I've added this hotel to our review site. If anyone has stayed here please add your review by Clicking Here

Many thanks :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.