DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
HotelClub.com
4 Posts
hi,i have used this company for booking hotels in the uk.they undercut expedia etc.by a mile. i discovered it when i went on http://www.tripadvisor.com.what i always do is ring up the hotel a couple of weeks befor and check that they have recieved the booking.i had no problems with this company.mo
I have also used them recently for friends. No problems whatsoever. They send you an e-mail when you book which contains your reservation and you just show when you arrive at Hotel. They said it was the easiest check in they have ever had. I would certainly use them again in future. Karen
:evil:
My boyfriend and myself have just returned from our holiday in Barbados after booking through HotelClub. I WILL NEVER book with them again; our problems started before we even left!! I phoned the hotel we were staying at to ask details and i was told my room had been cancelled 2 days after the booking was made by HotelClub. My booking had been made 1 month prior to my telephone call so i would like to know why they had not refunded our money. After phoning HotelClub in Australia to find out what was going on they e mailed me with an alternative hotel as they had forgot to e mail me to tell me the original hotel i booked was closed to re build the swimming pool.

Anyway after re confirming that we would stay at the new hotel propsed and HotelClub sending me a new Booking Voucher. We arrived at our hotel on the 5th of December (busiest period in Barbados) to find out they did not have our booking. HotelClub had never re booked our hotel!! Thankfully the staff at the hotel were very helpful and were able to accomodate us.

So my advice if you book with HotelClub is to phone the Hotel you are staying with to make sure they have your reservation or book direct with the hotel.

And yes they are slow to respond to e mails, the Reservations Manager at the hotel we stayed at tried to contact them for over a week about our booking, but gave up. She was hoping the hotel would get the money for our stay!!

Good Luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.