Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi
we went to Tunisia in February this year and stayed in Skanes sorry dont know about the hotel you staying in but we went shopping in Monastir and Souse I think I prefared Monastir. We used to get the local bus, worked out about 27 pence or the shared taxi's about 40 pence or we only payed about £2 for a taxi but that was haggling with them, We have been to Tunisia before and this year was the best ever.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did
Well thanks for the reply,we might try both places for shopping,we are definately looking forward to this trip and getting excited about going on holiday to a different continent and not the same old european places.
Also wondered if anyone else is going out on the same day as us?
Hi ,wife and I are going from glasgow on this date,been messed around re flights by t cook so hope the hotel is as suitable for my electric wheelchair as they say it is, have a good flight and stay ,say hello if you see my old blue tatty gambian wheelchair, :cheers maxie :) and wife
We arrive about 10pm ,might see you there,hope they have booked you into a ground floor as there are no lifts at the hotel,from what I've read.
We are really looking forward to this trip and seeing a different culture when and if we can be bothered to leave the hotel....!!!! :sun2
HI Does anyone have any info on this hotel thanks maxie :)
Hello.

Im hopefully going to the hotel on 18th June 08.

It'll be my second time at the hotel.
The rooms are standard, but are nice.
The food is nice, but can get repetative.
They have different varities of food, Brik is one to try, very nice, but very fatty.
The main bar opens at 10:30pm and closes at 12 midnight. They have a two glasses per person rule, but give free bottles of water throughout the day.

I must say, the trips are very good. And very easy to book. The people to book them with are in the hotel reception almost everyday. They do quad biking, camel riding, horse riding on the beach, pirate ship ride, festivals at night, the list goes on.

If you have any more questions I don't mind answering.

And I might see you there.

Viki xxx
Thanks for the reply ,we are out there on Wednesday 25th June ,we land at 10pm so don't know what time we will arrive at the hotel.Will the late night snack bar still be open by the time arrive?
How much are the camel rides and what do they entail ? Parasailing sounds fun and we want to do the Pirate ship trip,have you done this yourself?
We have only 80 days till we arrive and are really looking forward to it?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jeff
If you land at 10 it'll probably be about 11 by the time you get to the hotel. The snack bar is open at 11 if i remember, they have chips, pizza and panini's.
I can't remember exactly how much each trip is. But they are around 30 to 60 pound each.
The camel Rides they take to about 5/10 minutes away from the hotel, when you get there you can even go on horse or cart if your not keen on the camels, they take you round for about half an hour/ an hour. Then you stop off at this little place, they show you a typical tunisia home and how they make bread. you even get to feed a camel using your mouth, then they take you back.
The Pirate ship is quite good. They take you out for about 2 hours, they do bellydancing and give you a meal, I done this but I got sea sick like a couple of people. after the boat trip you get to do some shopping in port el kantaoui.
They have parasailing, jet-skies and banana boat rides, they are about £10/20 for half an hour. just go down to the beach. Its on the right.
I was suppose to be going in less than 2 weeks, buts now its 72 days, still I can't wait!
Anything else you need to ask I'd be happy to answer.

Vicky
xxx
Thanks for replying, i hope the snack bars are still open because my kids will be starving by then.
We are mainly going to enjoy the sunshine and try and get a tan but we do want to do a camel ride, whether just along the beach or on the little trip you have discribed,might try the parasailing but that depends on how I feel ,I am having an operation in two weeks so I still might not be up for that.
Of course we want to go shopping in either Sousse or Monistir for a bit of bargain hunting ,which is best?
But I think we will mainly be on the beach for snorkelling and swimming and I think the kids will be at the water slides most of the time(and us!!!!).
We are just looking forward to going abroad and to the sun... :sun2 :tup
The snack bar opens quite late till about 2 in the morning so it should be open.
I remember getting food from there quite late.

I haven't been to Sousse before, i'll be honest, but Monastir is really good. I stayed in the center of Monastir last time I went and it's a really nice town. Plenty of shops to visit.

The water slides are good, but if you get bored then theres plenty of activities with the animaters. about 11 and 3 they do archery, mini golf, darts, table tennis and some more I can't remember.

There is a trip they do on Fridays to a market where you can do plenty of bargaining but I must admit we didn't enjoy it. It took us nearly 2 hrs to get there, we spent an hour shopping then 2 hrs back. The others trips were really good and well worth the money.
I would advise going on a tour of the hotel if they offer one. The hotel is big and if we didn't go we wouldn't have found half the things that were there.

Hope i helped. Anymore questions I'd be glad to answer.

Vicky xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.