Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I'm not too sure myself but on this map the hotels look a big distance apart

Protaras Map
I think that is too far to walk from the Cavo Maris to the Sunny Coast. Best option would be to use the local buses which are only 80cents or a taxi.

From the Cavo Maris to the start of Protaras it is a good 15 minute walk. It probably takes another 30 minutes to stroll from one end of Protaras to the other. Another 20 minutes to get you to the start of Pernera and its still a fair bit to get to the Sunny Coast.
Lets put it this way....

We stopped in Pernera which is sort of like the next village along...?... we walked from Pernera right through Protaras to the far end and back on more than one occasion... So from one end of Protaras to the other is easily do'able if you are fit and healthy... 10mins stroll

(and it seems a lot quicker down the beach between Pernera and Protaras..? but Pernera to Protaras is about 20mins walk...wouldn't want to do it on my knees or carrying a baby/12litres of water in my arms.. )

Steve
On the map that I have it looks about 5 kms- much too far to walk, especially in the heat. Not a problem if you have a hire car though. If he hasn't already booked, it might be better to find a hotel nearer the Cavo Maris end of Protaras.
We stopped in the Grecian Park on Cape Greco and our friends stopped in the Rising Star.

We would take the car and leave it at the RS in the evening and walk along for it the next day. It was roughly a 30/40 minute walk (knock off another 10/15 min for Cavo Maris), its a very nice walk even with a hangover.

However, the bus passes often so there is always that option.
Is it the Sunny coast or the Golden coast. The Golden coast is in Pernera but the Sunny coast is in Kapparis which is about a 10 minute drive from Protaras, probably 15 from where you are staying.

It's a long way.
Thanks everyone for you help!! We will try and get him as close as hotel as we possibly can!
Have you looked at the Andreotis Apartment booked through Thomas Cook. They are quite near to the Cavo Maris Hotel. They are kept clean and tidy, so is the pool area.
Your question is a bit like how long is a piece of string - holiday brochures that say Protaras can mean an area that covers from Cape Greko through Protaras then encompassing Penera, Kapparis and often to the outskirts of Paralimini a large area indeed.

Protaras itself is reasonably compact a top road with some hotels and a loop going from Protaras corner to the Maestro bar at the other - this is the main hotel, bar and restaurant area lined on both sides of the street with large hotels backing onto the beaches from Fig tree bay at the bottom end to Flamingo beach at the top.

Don't miss a walk up to the church of St Elias this is on the top road turn up the hill opposite the mini golf the view from the top is stunning by day you can see Farmagusta in the distance and by night the light of the whole area

Enjoy - we are back in September for the 17th year

Lyn
The definitive answer to your question is................................

it depends on how drunk you are :D :lol: :wink:
Thanks again everyone!

And yes, it does depend on how drunk you are lol!

Well, we got them booked in at the Adelais Bay Hotel, which from what I can see on the map, isn't far at all from the Cavo.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.