Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
a meal and a couple of glasses of wine and you can sleep the rest of the way :)
oh, I am dreading the long flight, only been long haul once before (mexico) and it is sooooo boring. Booked with virgin, flying with thai airways.
Thai are a fabulous airline and excel in service, have a few G & T's (its all free) :cheers and the 12 hour flight will soon go!
Can not fought the service on Thai but the only negative thing is the lack of personal tv screen have to watch the large screen.
I have used Thai several times now and in the end purchased a Archos Multimedia play which is ideal for the long flight also a ipod comes in handy

Have a great trip
I thought I read somewhere that they were upgrading their fleet next year. Anyone else heard anything!
Fastest I've done it On Thai 10 and half hours. DOn't drink or sleep to much, avoid the after dinner brandy
I don't drink I'm afraid.....boring I know..lol, hubby not a big drinker - thank goodness!!! ;)
Im flying with emirates newcastle to dubai then dubai to bangkok any one flew with them before ?
Do we get complimentary alcoholic drinks or just tea coffee etc?
Thanks
it is better in first class if you can get the money together
it is better in first class if you can get the money together

I think that applies to any airline some what.
I'm in Hua Hin at the mo' - it took 10.5 hours from Heathrow to Bangkok.

We flew with Thai Airways and I was VERY disappointed. Good seat pitch in front of you but they were probably the narrowest seats I've ever been in apart from UK airlines - very very cramped.
Entertainment was non-existent. I'm surprised an airline can be this bad for IFE and yet still have such a good reputation. I was in row 35 so you can't see the one big screen, there was one other screen - about 12 inches wide that I also couldn't see, very very poor!
Service was good and the food was good so it's not all bad.

I will fly with Etihad in future and put up with a 2 hour change around in Abu Dhabi I think, their aircraft are second to none and are cheaper than Thai Airways. Am not looking forward to the flight home!

Cheers,

TC
I can't understand something, we booked our holiday with virgin because of their excellent reputation and because of everything in brochure (screens behind seat, free drinks, choice of meals including veggie option, which is us) but we are flying with thai airways and no screens in back of seats..what's that all about? :think
Virgin don't fly to Thailand, so Virgin Holidays have to use alternative airlines.

Thai don't (as yet) have seat back TV's on their London flights.

I try and use EVA Air as I find them excellent, and normally amongst the cheapest of the direct carriers. Failing that Emirates. I'm not a big BA/Thai Airways fan.
Even without seat back video I'd rather fly Thai than most other carriers I've used (which includes BA,Virgin, Singapore, Malaysia and EVA) although I must say Etihad were good. But Thai do need to upgrade their IFE if they are not to lose customers.
Well, must admit I am a little bit disappointed, when we went to mexico there were no tv's in the back of the seats and you couldn't see the tv screens from where we were sitting and that was really annoying, so I'll have to make sure we've got our own entertainment.....hopefully get some kip more than anything (night flight)..lol!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.