General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Just be aware that Thomas Cook have the stingiest size allowance for hand luggage - 43 x 28 x 23cm with max weight of 5kg to include everything. This is a lot worse than Ryanair. I just wish BA flew the route I want as they have 23kg hold luggage and one hand luggage of any weight you can lift into the locker plus handbag or laptop and they often work out cheaper than TC. :roll:
BA no longer have unlimited weight for their cabin baggage. There is a size restriction of, I think, 56 x 45 x 25cm and a weight limit of 23kgs.

luci :wave
Oh dear Luci, how will I ever manage in future. :rofl I must be getting weaker in my old age as I can hardly lift Ryanair's 10kg. :roll:
Luci is correct about the main cabin bag on BA, Aslemma is correct that they allow a second smaller bag as well! And neither has mentioned that BA now have a recommended size (90x75x43) for the normal checked/hold bags - how long before that becomes a limit for free carriage and others follow suit...?
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/baggag/public/en_gb
I wouldn't hold your breath Steve. :roll: The day will probably come when we all have to declare our own weight when booking and anyone over 6 stone will be charged extra.
I've always been in favour of including body weight in your total allowance but we've had that topic before and it did get a bit out of hand......
And as everyone knows I was being facetious we can draw a line under my comment. :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.