General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
funnily enough my 17 yr old refused to come on any hols this year with us, but next year because ive paid and allowed his girlfriend to come hes now decided to come with us, mind you i did give him about an hour to make up his mind,back in june when aegean first brought out their bargain prices, i knew they would increase and in that hour the prices had gone up about £8 each good job i didnt give him a few days lol, at least i dont have any accommodation to pay for so it worked out very cheap
You did exactly the same as me Karen . I Made a quick decision with the cheap aegean flight and booked him and girlfriend before he had even asked her . she came this year with us so I just took a chance her parents wouldnt mind :D

lyn
I believe as long as we are willing to pay I have a couple of years yet

My feelings exactly! My son is nearly 18 and I've paid for him to come on two more holidays with us next spring/summer before he goes away to Uni in the autumn. At his age he has no hope of earning enough money to pay for his own holidays, especially as he has stayed in full-time education since he left school last year. Once he's settled in Uni, I'm not sure what we're going to do, he'll probably want to work in the summer but I'm sure he wouldn't say no to a paid holiday!
On holiday, he keeps daughter (15) company until she makes her own friends and as long as the bar staff think he's "legal" (which he will be very soon) it saves me a few treks to the bar :wink: As a single parent, it's also handy to have a strapping lad to help with suitcases too :lol:
He'd probably be fine home alone for one night (he's fine while I'm out at work in the day) but I'd feel bad leaving him while I was away on holiday, and I'd worry about him having friends round.
After 3 years of her choosing not to holiday with us, Deanne (now 18 ) has decided she will come to Egypt with us when we go in November. This co-incides with her splitting up from her long term boyfriend but i don't mind her coming as it will be great for her to see new things, experience different scenes and make new friends. We are happy to pay for her as she is at college and makes only a little money waitressing at the local pub. She will also keep an eye on Gav, who is only 15 and wants to be more grown up than he actually is! After this summer when Gav decided he didn't want to come with us to Gozo, I thought it would be unlikely we would ever have the kids with us on holiday again..but it took him 8 hours to miss us and then he sent me a text saying he had made a terrible mistake and wished he was in Gozo..needless to say, he is well up for Egypt and any other holidays we take! it is great to have all the family on holiday, but equally now, we have crossed that line and left them behind..we know we can do so again...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.