Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Fiona,maybe not badges(not too good on shorts or bikinis!!!!),but what about a wristband of a particular colour? once i know someone i will talk forever but would not ask a stranger if they were an HTer.Been to Goa many times and sure i must have seen HTers on beach or in bars. Paula
Good idea re- wristbands Millie, something along the lines of the livestrong/poverty etc. Blue and yellow livery with the HT logo.
OK Admin, just the price to sort out :yikes
eddie101,sounds good to me,perhaps some enterprising HTer can sort something out,i am sure we would all pay a fair price and perhaps a little bit extra could go to children walking tall.anyone agree? Paula
Great idea Paula
Well Fiona, how about it :?:
What a fab idea, :D I would definitely wear one. Do you ever wonder what other members look like, I do :oops: It would be a bit of fun if nothing else :lol:
its being investigated to see if it is feasible- not making any promises though. :D
have come across on another forum(not holiday related) a link to a company that will put any logo on t-shirts/polo shirts etc. Not cheap but if anyone wants I will find the link and post
but the wristband idea sound great
Good idea del949,but at least with a wristband you can wear them on all occasions,like in pool.on beach,in bars,shopping etc.and who knows where and when you might bump into another HTer!!Paula
The wristband idea sounds like a good one, and hopefully it goes ahead. I think the idea of any profit going to CWT is a good one, maybe we could arrange for the wristbands to be bought at the places used for the meet ups (Lazy Days/ Mai Thai) And lets not forget our friends who stay in the south .........Keith
PS
Fiona how many H/T members are there on the Goa forum?
I have no idea how many members we have in the Goa forum I'm afraid. However IF the wristband idea is feasible then it would be open to all at HT. As HT is run by volunteers who all have jobs it may just be too time- consuming for someone to have to deal with all the requests. We have not discussed whether we would make it profit making with the profits going to a charity, and to be fair we do have quite a few other members who would have their own ideas about charities. We are looking into it and will let you know the outcome :D
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-06-20 19:55:59
Any news on the idea of wristbands Fiona? Paula
not yet- still researching it. The company we chose is taking its time replying to anything :( I'm hopeful though - but problem is that we buy in a lot( as it has to be bulk buy) and then very few may be interested.As we don't run this site for a profit it means that any loss we make has to be paid for by someone. I have a feeling the Goa members would make it a success on their own though :D
of course we would---we are the best!!!! Paula
perhaps an idea to post a sticky on every forum for intersted members to confirm that they would want one. maybe give you some idea of numbers etc.
this may happen if we decide that it could be feasible. Don't want to spread this to other forums until we are closer to a decision( its ok here because you lot suggested it in the first place :lol: )
I'll probably start a riot here Fi -- its not the sort of thing I'd go for
cheers Lyn x
Lyn- don't worry about it!

other members- anyone willing to go round to Lyns to get her to see the error of her ways?
:rofl
hi.fiona..why not spread it out to all forums........it would be nice to see other members on holiday if they want to speak great if not then that fine too.....
regards...john-doe.....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.