Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Hi Shirley ... I have been here all day and was going to say that there has been no problem, apart from speeds being a little slower for the last hour. But I thought I would just try IE before posting, and yes I see the problem you are experiencing. It appears to be with the adverts which should follow the first post on any page of a topic. They are not displaying properly and are causing an error message in IE, delaying the rest of the page downloading. I have not had that problem with Firefox, so perhaps if you try another browser meantime it may help until the advert issue is resolved.

David :wave
Thanks David, at least I know it's not a problem with my laptop.
I was having the same problem, but after coming in through Google chrome - everything's fine!
Glad I've seen this thread I have opened and shut down HT several times tonight as seen the box you describe and thought I may have summat wrong, I'm on IE also
I noticed it this morning and at first I thought I was using too much bandwidth, then I noticed it seems to be where the adverts should be...I've been busy video editing today, so I forgot about it, but it's still there tonight.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/21150339.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/ht1s.jpg/

Oh and both in here and the TV site are running slow.
Plus, Alfie's in-box is full and I can't get in touch with him......not a good night.

Sanji
Yes, that's what I see if using IE. Using Firefox is fine, apart from the speed issues which may well also be related to the same problem. The .tv site is usually always slower than the forums for me, I don't find it any worse tonight. Alfie's inbox being full seems to be a regular problem too, but unfortunately as he does not use this site we have no alternative means of contacting him. Perhaps posting some sort of comment or blog message across there may be the only way of attracting his attention, unless Van happens to pop in here in which case he might be able to let him know.

Alfie's inbox being full seems to be a regular problem too,

I think Alfie may have a gremlin that's been sitting there undetected if the problem seems to be a regular occurrence because last night I did manage to send him a message as a comment on his profile page, and he's sent me a message back this morning via the normal messaging system, saying his in-box is showing as having 75% capacity left....Therefore he asked me to try again, and nope, it's saying the same thing "error ocurred because in-box full"...... so I've posted another comment to let him know.

Sanji
I see that the adverts have now sprung into life again, and the error messages gone when using IE. Speeds are better than last night, but may not be quite fully back to normal yet.

Mine seems back to normal too tonight - no weird messages
may have been something to do with BTs massive broadband distribution problem during the week. Even if it didn't affect you as a user it took out or slowed down thousands of sites so adverts etc. wouldn't have worked. Still a bit wobbly now.
What is the problem- is it just me? Its as though the banners underneath, are stopping me from scrolling down. I can read the first post, but when I scroll down, to read replies, it brings me to end of page?

:que

Belly
Hey- all ok now! I can scroll down- I really don't know what the problem was! Any ideas- ?

Belly
Not sure what happened there, I had the same problem as you for a short time :que
I had that over the weekend Belly .I use IE but on switching over to google chrome it was fine . :que
There still seems to be some sort of ongoing issue with the adverts. Since Friday they have been appearing in various languages, and since yesterday the same problem as last week intermittently returns where only the first post on any page initially displays, followed by a delay (or repeated refreshing) before the rest of the page will download.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.