Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Oh no Yummymummy

Don't give up, I'm sure you will be able to find another good deal somewhere else.

Donna
XX
Thanks Donna, i was looking forward to the riverside as well. I dont know what to do, as we cant book until Monday. So it looks like i will have to phone around a lot of people.
yummy

what date are you looking for???
Jane, we are looking for either Saturday 24th Jan, Sunday 25th, or Monday 26th (this day being the latest).
if you fly from gatwick 24/1/09 £393 for 2 weeks directline holidays
just gone in again 15 mins later and its sold out !!! sorry :que
Considering all the gloom and doom the only cheap deals are to the Palmarinha and Osborne both currently £391 per person from E Midlands on the 13/1.( Neither which I fancy!) For later dates, still quite expensive.
Yummymummy, Jewel in the Crown have the Riverside Regency available on 24th January from Gatwick for £469 per person.
whats wrong with palmarinha .. hotel reviews on here look ok, booked to go on 12/01/09, east midlands. thanks..
Thanks a lot for looking Jane :)
Lovemyhols - thanks, i have seen a few 'cheap' deals from Gatwick, but by the time we have paid for petrol and car parking, it will add up to the same cost as flying from Manchester.
Byron Palmarina is ok but it is too far out and you have to get a taxi to go anywhere.

Yummymummy well done for finding a deal to suit your budget, they have been over pricing themselves and tourist's have been down by about 40%.

Mike
Hi Mike, in the end the cheap deal i saw was sold out :( , so i had to go with the next cheapest (somy resort) , we paid £1300 for 3 of us, including coach transfers.
One way to look at it is. 3 round trips 28,902 miles at four and half pence per mile, hotel and coach transfers free!!!
stayed at palmarina last year had a great time and those taxis are so so expensive :rofl
A single taxi might not appear expensive but if you take 4 a day it soon adds up to a not inconsiderable sum over the course of a couple of weeks. Bearing in mind we are talking about last minute cheap deals budget is presumably an issue.
I agree Dave about Taxis, I was taking taxis every day a day to Morjim, a trip to Vagator and this did mount up. After a couple of weeks I got buses, walked more, hired a bicycle and realised I had so much more money!

Unless you have a regular long-time taxi driver you WILL realise the hike in taxi prices.
Palmarina is far better than the Riverside Regency, you also get a flight with FC instead of rubbish airways cattle truck but why use a taxi when you can hire a car for 500 Rs or less a day or use their transport to the beach

Me
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.