America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
No it doesnt ,only goes as far as seaworld,But you can go to seaworld on it,and catch a newish bus service which runs from seaworld to disney.....theres another post somewhere here covering this somewhere....

The Bus service is a lyxn bus and its the number 50....

Plus have you thought about stopping at a hotel which provides transport to disney.....theres plenty of them on I-Drive
  • Edited by yeltzman 2008-10-01 13:21:33
There are a lot of fors and againsts on various forums about hiring a car in Orlando but I think if you are staying on I Drive it is pretty much essential. Although you can make it to Disney via trolley to Sea World and then the Lynx bus it is a bit long winded and you are relying on schedules being adhered to etc. Have you thought about getting a car? From I Drive it really is an easy journey to Disney and you don't even have to go the main way. I just head down Sand Lake Road to the end, take a left and within minutes you are at the Crossroads area of LBV and the entrance to Downtown Disney.

Piece of cake and driving in Orlando is great fun and far less hassle then driving in the UK.
We stayed on international drive this year and did not take the car, the hotel did provide transfers to disney but at a charge . and it did work out quite a bit, so we opted for the i-trolley getting off at stop 32/ sea world, crossed the road then the lynx No 50 came along then from Disney we used their transport to travel between their parks,, yes at times it was teadious but we were ok with it.
Thought I'd use this old thread, rather than start a new one.

Some useful links for those thinking of not driving:

http://www.golynx.com

Lynx the local bus company run fairly frequent services to most areas including many tourist areas. Including Orlando international airport, Disney, I Drive, Sea World, Universal (although Universal isn't as well connected as many other areas).

$2 per single journey - free transfer onto another bus - ask the driver for a transfer ticket.

$16 for a weekly ticket and it's been reported that these will be posted to the UK prior to your holiday (just validate on your first use).

http://www.iridetrolley.com

The I-ride doesn't actually serve many attractions apart from those along I-drive and Seaworld. Single fares $1.25 again ask the driver for a free transfer ticket.

I-ride & Lynx bus tickets are NOT accepted on each others services. Making the Lynx offering a better bet.

http://www.mearstransportation.com

Mears are a reputable taxi/ shuttle service and you can obtain a taxi fare estimator from their website.

We were shocked at how expensive the "free" car hire packages were, not only the insurances but car parking fees etc. Can add another £300 - £500 onto a 2 week holiday!
I agree it is a lot of money to pay for a hire car. As a family we have been to orlando a few times, each time had no problem getting around, very easy in fact.

We worked out if we had a hire car it actually was cheaper to use the extravagance of a taxi everywhere, and with the downpours in July and August we did just that, and found it very reasonable.

Personally i would use a hire car only for getting out of Orlando, you do not really need it on I/d in my experience.

From Wet and wild you can walk to Universal if you can walk that is, takes about 20 mins.

If you get a hotel near to Seaworld as we do, then you can walk up I\drive if you wish to the cinema etc, that takes 20 mins ish. We used the I trolley, and the Lynx buses, no problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.