Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Went there AOA when it first opened.Someone else had a brochure on the bus showing an artists impression.When the coach started to go down all these country lanes out in the sticks, we started to think what have we let ourselves in for.We were pleasantly surprised,and ended up having a great holiday.
Everything you could want is there.supermarkets, shops, bars and great entertainment.
At nearby Cala Mondrago is a great sandy bay with clear water.But the resort is built around a smaller one.
You have Porto Petro,a small fihing village with expanding marina about a mile or so away,if you need somewhere different to go.Or Cala Dor a few miles further on for something a bit more lively.
I've added this hotel to our reviews section if you would like to add your comments Pipefitter. (after the Christmas hols :lol: :wink: )

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/cala-mondrago/iberostar-club-cala-barca-hotel/
Me and my husband and 6 year old son, have been to Cala Barca for two years running. It is fantastic! The food is excellent, the setting is immense. If you have a young family I would advise that you e-mail them and request a room in Block 11 or 12 as this is a quieter part of the complex. The evening entertainment is wonderful. The effort that the animation team put into the shows is second to none. We are going back again this year. There are people who have been going every year for the last 14, so that says it all. Well worth booking and everyone is so friendly. There is a real mix of nationalities there so it really adds to the feel of your holiday.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! :lol:
I have booked flights for August 2006 and I am looking for a good quality all inclusive. There seems to be a good deal for the Club Cala Barca. Is the complex a bit isolated and is the all inclusive good value? Also, what is the cost and drive time for a taxi from the airport?
We have a couple of reviews HERE

There is also some information regarding location and taxi's etc in our Resort reports for this area HERE

The hotels website chain is also available via the above link
Can anyone help with info about this complex? Having never been in an all inclusive before and would like to try one I was wondering about the snacks, drinks, ice creams etc for the kids during the day and is the evening meal OK? Having booked my flights quite cheap and the cost of the A/I looks good it may well work out cheaper than the usual half board.
I have read on reviews about the beach bar too, is this included in the A/I and what is available?
hi am thinking of going away next yr to club cala barca,has any one been there and is it as good as the reviews i have been reading?
Hi jacki113 and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with an existing topic which may have some useful information.

luci :wave
Hello,
trying to do a bit of research about the layout of this complex prior to our arrival at the end of July.
I have not been able to find much info from the hotel website.
We are 4 adults & 2 children in 2 family rooms (hopefully together). Can any past visitors to this complex give me an indication as to where the family rooms are situated ? A layout map or details of where I can obtain one would be very helpful.
thanking you in anticipation.
Polarbear :
http://www.iberostar.com/EN/Majorca-hotels/Iberostar-Club-Cala-Barca/Accommodation.html

Have you tried emailing and requesting a site plan direct. The link above gives information on the resort plus room plans etc. Enjoy x
Thanks Hippyjack,
I have sent them an email requesting info re layout.
regards
Our room - family room I think - twin bedroom and two beds in studio were in block 42. This was about 5 min walk from main restaurant area but only 3 mins from the beach. It had it's own pool area with lifeguard.

I will put up review shortly - all in all a very good complex
Thanks Becky67,
still waiting for hotel to answer email
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.