Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I was a first timer last year, I'd been to the Canaries 3 or 4 times and was bored with them. They just seem to English. For slightly more than the cost of a 3 key apartment in the Canaries you will end up in a 4* hotel in Sharm.

If I was you I would do a bit of research and try it for a week. Don't take too many chances, perhaps stick to a company you always travel with like thomson or FC, or stay on a similar board to that which you stay in the Canaries. Be careful with hygiene and the food and make sure you have your jabs.

I know this is a bit controversial but at the end of the day if you don't like it (and some dont), you don't have to go again, but on the other hand you may have found a very good alternative for some wintersun at Easter, and become repeat visitors like many others. :D
Generally speaking the further away from Namma Bay you are the better it is to be AI or HB. NB is the only place with a concentration of restaurants.
I have just booked our trip to the Iberotel Palace, 5star AI. Many thanks for your suggestions doepsmc. We fly on 22nd March and got good flight times for Glasgow - in fact it works out cheaper than going to Lanzarote. Can't wait.
Hi Ann

Glad you got booked. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Doe. :D
another hotel that looks to be within walking distance of old sharm.must be near where your going Chris?? . no reviews here ?? but plenty of fab ones on the T/A site. Is it A/I?? looks good :D

lyn
Yes, we have booked All Inclusive, I thought it best for our first trip and got what I thought was a reasonable price for such a great hotel. Old town Sharm I believe is just across the road - have you been? I picture it as being just a couple of small shops and restaurants but perhaps there is more to it.

My only concern is - what do we do in the evenings - we do like to get out and about a bit and am a bit nervous of "will I get the right colour of taxi" !!
Hi ann . no i havent actually been into old sharm only Naama bay But im pretty sure there will be enough to browse around. Im sure chris (doepsmc) will be around later but it sounds to me that this hotel could be in the ras um sid area of sharm and she will possibly know as she has just booked a holiday in this area herself and she would of done plenty of research :D . I think we need one of the egypt regulars here. Wheres CARROT he will know :D

lyn

ps have you seen the reviews here http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297555-d302136-r6546655-Iberotel_Palace-Sharm_el_Sheikh_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html
ok just found it on this brilliant map http://www.recenzie-hotelov.sk/mapy/mapa_leva.jpg . so not ras um sid but close on the next bay round but even closer to old sharm.
hi lyn

Yes, I did a fair bit of research myself, in fact two weeks! This is a Thomson Platinum hotel and Julie in the travel agents tells me it is really popular. For the A/I you get a free 30 minute massage and many extras -check it out.

As Chris said earlier, if I don't like it I won't be back but I am now really looking forward to some pampering with lots of good food.

I may even be the first person to submit a review on this hotel. Watch this space.
Hi all,

Regarding Old Sharm, it is a mixture of tourist type shops where you can purchase almost anything, clothes shops, restaurants and a smattering of shops for the locals. It is nowhere near as large or as "brash" as Naama Bay, but for me is far more acceptable for an evening or even lunchtime stroll. But then, i'm getting to be a boring old ****! :lol:
Free massage . thats for me :D .I wonder what the "extras" are tho :shock: .

thanks for clarifying that Carrot about old sharm Sounds like you have made a good choice Ann :D

lyn
Hi Carrot.

Thanks for that. I guess the Naama Bay resort would be a little bit like "Blackpool in the Sun" and probably not for us either.

Look out for the review when I get back at the end of March. :lol:
Lynn

The Inclusive option includes all buffet meals, local alcoholic drinks and soft drinks. Minibar with soft drinks only. Tea/coffeesnacks in the afternoon. Ice cream bar, 30 minute massage, unlimited laudry service, Gala dinner in restaurant and 30 minute internet access. The hotel can even arrange a table on the beach for a romantic meal. Look out for my review at the end of March.

I have already started to cut down and try and loose a few pounds before I go because I suspect I won't want to stand on the scales when I get back. :lol:
Hi, I'm dead jealous!! - Nearly booked Iberotel Palace couple of weeks ago but for various reasons decided not to take a holiday. Like you, did loads of research although have been to Egypt 4 times in last 2 years. Think you are right to book all inclusive at this hotel. We e-mailed hotel to get an idea of prices if we went B&B. On the basis of 5 buffet evening meals, 3 sakara beers and 2 coffees per day and a lunchtime snack it would pay to go all-inclusive. If you want full details of the restaurants/opening times/drinks available pm me and I'll send you the attachment the hotel sent us.

Hope you have a brilliant time and look forward to your report when you get back.
Regards, Caro
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.