Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Absolutely !!!

We were amazed at how gorgeous and picturesque the island is. We fell in love with Ibiza immediately.

On TV they always show the rowdier part of San An - but it's like watching a show on Blackpool and believing that the whole of Britain is exactly like that (no offence Blackpool :wink: - just making a point)
I can't believe the number of time that I have told people that I've been to Ibiza for a holiday - and immediately got back the "sex & drugs & rock & roll" response - really at my age!!! :shock:

Couldn't agree more with the comments above. :tup
Ibiza is like home from home for me,love it.There's party people in San AN and there's family resorts such as Cala Llongaand Portinax ,take tour pick :D
im glad you all agree with me, i love ibiza :lol:
yep cant agree more, will be there twice this summer, July and August...Is Ive always said, Ibiza is more of an experience than a holiday 8)
I agree too. We had a great family holiday in Ibiza a few years ago :D
Yep, agree with all.

Was a bit unsure myself but went for the first time in October and we loved it.

Allready booked to go back in October again. :lol:
Hi,
I really have to add a comment here and totally agree with you all so far. Ibiza is far from a party island, so much so that we plan on moving there in the next two years to live perminantly.

You have a wide and varied array of cultures, including influences by the Moors, Romans, and Spanish. Some amazing buildings and archetexture. Some beautiful plants and trees and amazing wildlife found only on the islands.

And then there are the people, among the warmest and most friendly you are ever likely to meet in any country in the world.

Its not everywhere can you party 24hrs a day, go into churches that are centuries old and sit and watch the sun boil into the sea. :)
Marc
My Ibiza
I completely agree too!!! me and my boyfreind went to cala llonga last year and absolutely loved the place! we cant wait to go back. Im a travel agent and when im running through a list of late deals i lose count of the amount of times people stick their noses up when i mention ibiza! I have such a job tryin to convince them how lovely it really is!

Amy :D xx
love ibiza - deny anyone not to go back time and again - whatever your age
I have to agree with all thats been said......
IBIZA IS THE PLACE TO BE

I've been quite a few times and stayed in a different location each time and never had a complaint to make

I originally booked for Turkey this year but changed my mind, as I am travelling alone I felt that I'd rather go somewhere that I know......

So it's Ibiza here I come........roll on October :D

sam x
I've heard the island is beautiful and I'm bringing the kids over in September, looking forward to it but will give San Antonio a wide berth.
I have just found this thread and I must agree with everybody.

A few years ago we went to San Antonio bay for a holiday and while there thankfully we hired a car and toured the island, this island is really lovely with secluded sandy beaches, pine covered forests and lovely small villages tucked away from the main tourist areas.

The last few times we have been in Ibiza we have stayed in Puerto San Miguel which is very small and quiet with a beautiful beach.

For those reading this thread and have only ever heard the horror stories about the island please don't base your opinion on them, go to Ibiza (avoid San Antonio unless you are a 18 -30 party animal) and make your own mind up.

Graham 8)
Agree with everything the last poster has said with the exception of his last sentence, dont be fooled by the hype that san antonio is an 18-30 place. Those who visit the sun set strip places and understand the chill out mentallity will know what I mean by this 8)
san an is a great place to go in the evening :) a nice meal
street entertainment craft stalls its great in the evening
the party people dont start clubing till late,
and there just having a good time like all of us when on holiday, we had a great time there with two young children.

fizz xx
I've holidayed all over Europe and keep going back to Ibiza, it has so much diversity, beautiful beaches, fantastically expensive restaurants, fantastically cheap restaurants, clubs if you want them, quiet bars and cafes if you don't.

Tourists live in harmony with the locals and there is no resentment from the locals if you don't speak Spanish but great appreciation f you try. You could spend all year there and never know that a clubbing scene existed. Santa Eulalia has always been my favourite, it's clean and sophisticated and everywhere else on the island is in easy reach.i
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.