Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi
Welcome to HT :wave
It looks like you are staying in the Siesta area of Santa Eulalia which is actually built on a hillside above the sea and around 2k from the town centre. I guess it depends how far up the hillside you are as to wether a bike would be suitable :think

Santa Eulalia is a working town as well as a resort and as such has loads of bars and restaurants for you to choose from. I'm sure some of the St E regulars will point you to their favourites.
There is a small beach at Siesta I believe but you have the main beach in St E and my favourite beach on the island at Cala Llonga just down the coast - I think you can even walk around the cliffs to it.
Es Cana is about 5km the other side of St E and has a nice beach along with a selection of restaurants and bars. You can get a bus from the town centre.

A taxi from the airport should be around the €25 mark.

That's your starter for 10 - sure more info will be along shortly :)

John
aldea bonsia (sp) is not far up the hill,we used to pass it on the way up to the hotel club siesta a couple of years ago.not sure about bike hire,but im sure reception will point you in the right direction.i can recommend mama rosa the gallery restaurant on the street of restaurants in santa eulalia,also bar liquido on the marina.
You will love Aldea Bonsai. I stayed there last year and it is absolutely beautiful with lovely gardens and pools. I love Siesta and choose that area to stay in every year! You actually have some good bars and restaurants in Siesta itself. When I was there in June the Titanic Bar just around the corner was the busiest bar I saw in two weeks. Its Spanish and caters for everyone and is very friendly. Also does great meals. One of my favourite restaurants is the Siesta Grill, again within a few minutes walk. A well kept secret with those who live there! In the main part of SE you have "restaurant road" near the town hall. Daffers is very popular and does a cheap 3 course menu if you arrive before 8pm (I think) The Gallery is recommended but is not cheap. You are spoilt for choice in SE. I agree that Bar Liquido at the marina is an excellent place to go, especially after dark. The view over the expensive yachts is something else!
Hi. Just back from S E. Not sure about where you,re staying but S E is lovely. Lot,s of places to eat out. We got taxi from airport and it was 31 euros. was 3am so not sure if this makes a difference.
You will not be disappointed.

St.E is one of my favourite resorets I have been to.

Check out The Palardi Restaurant which was my favourite on "restaurant street" which was not cheap but food was great (in 2007 anyhow).
Treat yourself to an English breakfast at Bar Dona Ana (I think) near to the harbour - great price and super quality.
Enjoy the walk up the hill to the church for magnificent views.
Wish I was going back - ah well roll on July 2010 and Portinax which I reckon I will fall in love with
As many replies have said you will love Siesta and Santa E. Titanic is a good place for food and beer - say hi to Paco for me!!! Also try Mariners for evening entertainment - it is just over the small river bridge. Not sure about bike hire but you can stroll along the "prom" and go on the beach there - You may also be able to go to Es Pueto for daytime activities as it is part of the same timeshare company as Aldea Bonsai. If you need any other info, feel free to PM me - or if you are there from 24th October, we will be there!! Have a good time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.