America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
We have driven the route - but not in April, I'm afraid, so I don't know how much snow would be around or how well the road is cleared. It's a spectacular route which will have you stopping to admire the view every few minutes. You would be able to find more information and someone to answer your question on here:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=29
The road is open all year round but it's right at the end of the winter season so it's hard to say what driving will be like, it could be springlike or there could be a lot of snow around, If there are heavy snowfalls the road is often closed for up to 3 days. There is a possibility of black ice on the roads in late winter early spring, but if the road is open it could be a superb scenic drive with loads of snow on the mountains. It's a highlight of any trip to western Canada. But as Mariah says check the Fodor site.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.