Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Iceland Express
8 Posts
Alsacienne,

I've no personal experience with Iceland Express, but I know a little about their operations. Iceland Express wet lease 2x Boeing 737-700's (G-STRF & G-STRH) from Astraeus who operate them on their behalf. G-STRF is painted in a white and orange Iceland Express livery, G-STRH is still in the standard Astraeus livery (may change in the future though). Both are UK registered aircraft. The holding company of Iceland Express now have a 51% stake in Astraeus.

Darren
Do they still not also operate MD-90's as well as the two 737 700's?? They might have been replaced by now.

Not experienced then either but I assume they are pretty much "no frills" and maybe entertainment not really needed on what I guess will be around 2 and half hours flying time.

Nivsy
nivsy wrote:
Do they still not also operate MD-90's

Just the 2x wet leased 737-700's from Astraeus.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo and Nivsy! Any more comments will be welcomed, but I'll just get on with booking my fares before the prices go up .... again!!
Iceland express has stopped all operations and aircraft "parked" up at Keflavik Iceland.

Nivsu
Iceland Express operations seem to have been taken over by Wow Air who are operating the flights. Another Icelandic based airline with just two chartered aircraft at the moment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.