Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Apparently you can hire a tv at Somy, and the room we had did have a fridge, someone said the picture wasn`t too good but as long as the little fella can watch cartoons he should be fine.
Hi Ymmymummy.
When we stayed at the Highland Beach Candolim they had TV and air and fridge. If I remember right it was cable tv.
The rooms consist of bedroom, living room & kitchen area.
You can usually have an extra one or two people..
The Highland Beach does have either cable or satellite TV. The apartments are mostly large with two bedrooms and two shower rooms plus a small kitchen. Good location too.
Hello, thankyou very much for the replies :tup

Feelthevibe - Thats good to know, and like you said, the picture doesnt have to be perfect, as long as he can watch cartoons for an hour he'll be fine..

Samtheboater and Sandyboy - I absolutely love the Highland beach, but unfortunetly it is out f our price range :( . I think the cheapest i can get is about 800pounds per person, so times that by 3 and it comes out at 2400pounds.

In Jan we only paid 1200pounds for the riverside guest house, so i think the most id be willing to pay is just over the 500pounds each.

Maybe if i won the lottery, then id have no hesitation :rofl

To be honest, i dont think we need a tv anyway, we could get a portable dvd player before we go, and just bring along some dvd's.

I like to watch the news though :(
Me too, thats why we hire one if there isn't one included. Yes the Somy has them for hire but just asked hubby (forgot to ask him the other day) and he can't remember how much we were charged. He thinks it was 100 rupees per day but he isn't too sure now. (probably dearer this year) The picture at the Somy wasn't very good though. My daughter also hired one and she was in a higher room...her picture was marginally better. We had a fridge and air conditioning included in our package.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.