Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Fizz, If you can try playing around with your departure dates +or- on the qatar airways website. I found by changing the days sometimes the price altered. Also sometimes you can drop on a decent stopover time in Doha but sometimes u have to pay a bit more. Just keep checking.

If you book with southall i belive u get 30kg rather than 20 with qatars own website.

Booking with Qatar you get 2kg more cabin weight. Hope this helps :wave:
Hi Maz, thanks for your reply. The prices I found weren't too bad (although cheaper is always better) but the longer stop over on return is really what's putting me off, I could try playing about with the dates I guess and see what happens. I think you lot have beaten me to the best flights (time wise), so it could be Monarch.................or wing walking :rofl

I'll keep looking but if anyone spots anything please let me know :tup Also now considering late November as an alternative to February. Still in a quandary as you can see although it might just be a very loooooooooooooooong senior moooooooooment. :rofl

Goa is definely the cure I need. :D Luv Fizz
Prices have gone a little crazy at the moment although mine wasnt as low as some lol.
Im a northern bird so its manchester flights for me :D
Kingfisher have had good deals from Heathrow but if you have to travel to london from the north its not always a saving. Thomas cook go direct from manchester just did a quick look and prices are coming in at 500+ :(
  • Edited by MazD 2009-09-11 16:00:07
I'd be flying from Gatwick Maz - well that's what we normally do anyway although I could be flexible and try Heathrow. Not totally sure which of these Qatar fly from but think it's Gatwick for the Doha to Dabolim route. Don't want to do Mumbai or Delhi alone - just feel that Doha might be more organised and as I get so easily confused/panicky lately going via Mumbai or Delhi might just about finish me off. :rofl Fizz
Lots of people on here had good deals with kingfisher from heathrow. Im flying with qatar myself. I know kingfisher have had great reviews but the trek down to south is bad lol.

I need jabs once ive left yorkshire never mind coming down to see u soft southerners :rofl
Jabs don't bother me (much)! It's just that I'd need my own personal sat nav to find my away across from the international to national terminal - I'd do Mumbai or Delhi with hubby but I just find the thought of it too scary to do on my own :yikes okay, I know I'm a soft southerner (with northern roots by the way) :rofl I have done "direct" to Goa alone - easy peasy. :really I am hoping people will report back on the Doha route quickly, not sure how many are going in late October/early November but it will be great to hear their views and to establish just how easy (or otherwise) it is. I shall keep looking Maz, would love to get something sorted, just the thought of getting back out there is getting me excited (a sad life I lead) :tup Fizz
  • Edited by fizzy2 2009-09-13 18:44:45
We are flying with Qatar on 1st November so I will post about our outward journey as soon as I can after getting to Goa.
We fly home on 6th December so will again post about how the return journey is. :fly :fly
Cant' wait to find out what the opinions of the Qatar flights are Squigs. Not going with them till March, but like to know what its going to be like. Look forward to your report on them.
Hi Polly50, I will make notes about what's on the menu and also what films are being shown although they will have changed by March! :)
The " generic" menu we were offered with Qatar was so big we didn't know what to choose so we have gone for Hindu non veg !!!

Yum Yum

Hopefully !
Ill look forward to reading the review as well :D

I havnt requested anything special re meals Dave . Its in the vain hope that if they ever offer upgrades, they never do if you have special requests lol ;)
Kingfisher, through Southall, were coming out at £423 today with good connecting times.
Qatar, cheaper at £386 but 13hr wait in Dhoa on return leg.
Dunno if i am reading my Eticket correctly but baggage allowance with Kingfisher is showing 45Kgs.
There is no way my missus is getting a look at this.
Hi Eddie £386 is brilliant - it's just that looooooong stop over on return leg, it would be worth it if I wasn't travelling alone but 13 hours sitting around on my own in a strange foreign airport mmmmmm :think - I know, i'm being a big baby. Fizz
Hi Eddie yes you are reading it right!!! amazing allowance but not for us unfortunately .. :( we book our flights from Goa with Kingfisher and only get 28 kilos each way!!!! :think discrimination !!
Chilly
chilly That dont seem fair ! When i traveled Jet from Heathrow the ticket used to say 21klo but i knew it was 32 but they prefer 30.
But other people flying to Goa from Heathrow will be having 45klo.Shouldnt make any difference where you booked it .
My flight price has come down by £50 but i wouldnt have booked it now as its 24days till i go.
Theres something about this 45klo luggage allowance that makes me think i can now take the kitchen sink :duh
Hell!! that kind of allowance is wasted on me as i travel so light.
Maybe i should inform then that i'm only on vacation, not emigrating. ;)
But eddie101 us women take more stuff then you men. I traveled last season with a guy who has no hair so he took all my shampoo and conditioners. All he had in his case was shorts ,t shirts and shoes.
I wear every thing i take. After 4/5 months i get fed up with it all and miss Primark so much .
Fizzy - We booked with Jewel to fly in March, and at the same price you have been quoted for. I think it is a decent price and one I couldn't get any cheaper - some really silly high prices out there, so go for it, I looked into other routes, but for 2 weeks couldn't see the point in losing hours in Goa to save a few quid.
chilly That dont seem fair !

yes IMHO I am devastated, but have queried it and did ask about getting away with it, but told it comes up at check in and as last year we had same with jet and it got queried at check in and we managed to get away with it ......only because the guy at checkin asked his colleague/neighbour casually 'it is 30 kl isnt it' and she said yes so he thought it was just an error...we knew different!!! but cant chance it with such a big ratio of difference...what would we do with everything we had to unpack!!! :yikes couldnt pay extra would be crippling!!!!!! :(
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.