Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Indoor market
18 Posts
Yes...business as usual. :wink:
Except it will close early on the 5th Jan, unless that falls on a Sunday, in that case it will be closed all day and I think it closes on the 6th, Three Kings Day.

Sanji
It makes me laugh when I go in the indoor Market as people Queue up at Sheilas to exchange their currency when you can get the same exchange rate with a Spaniard in the indoor market and there is no queue at his counter.
Hi
Ive been going to benidorm now for many years some being 3to 4 times per year. What spanish stalls in the indoor market do money exchange ?? Maybe ive walked by it not paying attention but i have never noticed any other than sheilas and im not sure if the other one is alex . sheila has 2 .. i use either in there or the wine barell.. but i must check out in 3wks when i next visit the indoor market ... cheers mazza
It was there about 3 years ago my mistake if it has gone .Sorry
Thats ok ive just never saw any other exchange in that market all the years ive been there no worries take care mazza
It's a couple of years since I was last in Benidorm but I think the other one you are thinking of is called Tony's?? but is run by a small spanish guy
I think that may be the one
There's more than Sheila's in the indoor market.
I can't remember the names as I never use the place to exchange money, but there def is more than Shelia's.
There are far better places with less queues and the less chances to have your pocket picked...giving the same rate or a point either way, which unless you are exchanging thousands, it is insignificant.

Sanji
The one across the road from the indoor market next to cosmopolitan bar has always been good for me, used it loads over the years and never had any probs.
Yes one in the maket now beside sheila's and the one facing the picadilly bar and market, and the wine barrel all same rates
Last couple of years the Eurotabacco has also had the same rate as Sheila's. The euro exchange rate is poor at the minute
For info and discussion specifically about currency exchange, rather than about the indoor market, please check out the existing topic ... click here.

David :wave
Many thanks for the replies.

:offtop but - I got email from flyglobespan telling me my flight has been cancelled. I go the following day but still have to lose a day of my hols :twisted:
joolz ... :offtop but unfortunately this is not uncommon during the quieter winter months if Flyglobespan are experiencing poor load factors. Are you flying from Glasgow ? If so, bear in mind too that some of their Glasgow to Alicante flights are operating via Edinburgh during January and early February. Details in our Flyglobespan topic, if you want to ask any more questions over there.

David :wave
Re: Indoor Market

My wife and I was going to pop and have a look at the indoor market one day - is it worth a look?
Also is it open 7 days a week.. and is it safe?!

Cheers
Nik
it shuts on a sunday because the outdoor market is on , and i find it safe enough.
The market is safe but like any market watch your purse. We have been in several times, alot of the stalls sell food. Roast chicken, veg a couple of bakeries. A couple of cafes, the best exchange rates are here. Worth a look around but not that large.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.